Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aurorawa

cv. 'Iris Marie'

aurorawa
9 years ago

Received her and a few others yesterday. She has one peduncle with buds on it and another peduncle that is in the process of forming blooms. I got these from ricinfl, an ebayer that sends some of the healthiest cuttings I have received.

Comments (12)

• aurorawa
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And here is polystachya...it's leaves are HUGE, bigger than my hand!

• aurorawa
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And sp. EPC 233 RB5 (it is not naturally that color, that would be my LED lighting):

• aurorawa
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is pottsii (again LED back-lit):

• aurorawa
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And last, but definitely not least, pretty valmayoriana:

• vermonthoyas
    9 years ago

Nice looking plants and I could not agree more that ricinfl sells the nicest cuttings that I have ever received from a vendor.

• aurorawa
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I snagged a ilagiorum and cv. 'Noelle' from him yesterday! One happy lady! Narrows my must have list down to 5!

• aurorawa
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hey, Vermonthoyas are you the one that owns the fatcow blog, Vermonthoyas? If so, thanks, you enabler! A few years ago, I stumbled upon your "Ramblings" and became addicted. I only had lacunosa, carnosa and a pubicalyx. Now, I have so many that I had to make note cards and get a rolodex! And I got ilagiorum after following your latest Ramblings about it!

On subject: does cv. 'Iris Marie' have larger blooms (not megalaster size of course, but larger than they look like they will be now)? Some photos make it seem that they have blooms at least a bit larger than a carnosa, but my pretty plant's buds are TINY! Maybe they will get bigger prior to blooming, but they are smaller than even a wayetti bud right now!

• patrick51
    9 years ago

Aurora, you can't go wrong with plants or cuttings from ricfl....very large cuttings, well-established plants...and a free cutting every time...the guy is great! Enjoy your growing collection...your wish list will likely grow before you reach the end of it!! Fondly, Patrick

• vermonthoyas
    9 years ago

Aurora, I agree with Patrick; it is always fun seeing someone new developing the Hoya bug. You do have a very nice collection developing. Yes, I am the "Ramblings Guy" on vermonthoyas. I'm glad that you enjoy it! I don't know how much longer I can keep it up, but for now it lives on!

Doug

• teisa
    9 years ago

Those look like wonderful cuttings! They look very healthy and lush.

Im wondering how you guys order cuttings from RicnFl? is this Ebay only? Can you order other cuttings besides what is listed? I've emailed him but not had a response yet.

This post was edited by teisa on Mon, Sep 29, 14 at 21:35

• aurorawa
    Original Author
    9 years ago

He was very nice about responding to me in a timely fashion. I think the rainy weather may be delaying his response to you, as he may be having to move his plants and whatnot. I don't know if he has a separate store, I have only ordered his cuttings off ebay. He and cowboyflowerman are the only two hoya sellers I have had a very positive experience with on ebay, not to say there aren't others.

• greedygh0st
    9 years ago

Congratulations! They look good. I'm particularly partial to Iris Marie and valmayoriana (although I can't get used to that name after getting constant trade requests for 0831 for so many years)

Sponsored
Carl Williamson Designs, LLC
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Nationally Acclaimed Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz