Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ament1970

My Hoyas (finally lol)

Ament
12 years ago

Sorry it took me a bit, just not been up to the task, too many things to do, not much time to do it. But anyway, here is one picture, click on it it'll lead you to the rest. :)

Thanks for looking! :)

~Tina

Comments (14)

• gennykins
    12 years ago

Tina,

Chelsea is one of my favorites. It grows well and as the vines get longer, they develop a bit of a curving/twisting look to them that is quite elegant. And, I love the all-white leaves on your tricolor/KQ and I want mine to throw some! Very nice growing!

Lisa

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

Hi Tina,

Congrats on you plant, it is gorgeous! I hope it gives you many, many flowers.

Mitzi from Brazil

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Very beautiful! Thanks for sharing. ^_^ I love pictures.

I can't remember if you already got your IDs for these plants, but they should be labeled as follows:

1. Hoya carnosa Chelsea
    2. Hoya carnosa Tricolor (/Krimson Queen)
    3. Hoya carnosa Tricolor (/Krimson Queen) (The curtisii tag was just plain wrong, unfortunately.)
    4. Hoya carnosa Rubra (/Krimson Princess)

• Ament
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone! I figured labeling was wrong on the two. That's why I wanted so much to get photos up for everyone. :) I truly appreciate it that you gals took time to view them and id them for me. I love the Chelsea. I have it in the living room, in a northern window. I think the nursery hacked off the hanging vines prior to shipping it to Walmart. As I can see where it's been hacked. :(

The KQ on the trellis I love that. Now I just have to repot the other KQ which I knew was not a curtisii due to images I'd seen and realized mine wasn't. LoL Darn EA! I ought to send them a nastigram about my particular issue and see what they have to say about it.

I truly didn't want to have doubles but what can I do, considering I'm such a newbie. LoL Ah well! :) Thanks for looking and sharing your knowledge!

~Tina

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

I think everyone goes through that. Mine was a DS-70 I took to be a brevialata. It all seems so obvious now, but it wasn't at the time!

• Ament
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yeah, I think so too. I'll just have to pick up tags for them all to retag them. :) No big deal, not really. Just annoying is all. LoL Drat it anyway!

~Tina

• moonwolf_gw
    12 years ago

Beautiful plants, Tina! Thanks for sharing!

The KQ you have on the hoop looks very similar to the one I picked up at Lowe's awhile back. It is one of my very favorite hoyas! Congrats on the plants! Wishing you lots of blooms!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• Ament
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Brad! :) Just wish they hadn't hacked at Miss "Chelsea" though. You can see in the picture where they have hacked away at her. :( Ah well! She appears to love the northern window I have her hanging in, so maybe I'll get blooms from her when she's good and ready.

I like the hoop trellis too Brad, I'm thinking of purchasing two more for the KP's I have. :)

~Tina

• tammypie
    12 years ago

Beautiful hoyas you got. I'm thinking of getting a Hoya KP, how nice!

TPie

• Ament
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Tammy, I actually like them. I've seen pictures of their blooms and can't wait for mine to bloom. :) They're fuzzy and have a porcelain appearance. So excited to see them!

~Tina

• tammypie
    12 years ago

Tina,

Hoyas are just about the most carefree, low maintenance long-lived houseplant you can ever own. I have a Carnosa KQ for over 13 years now. I've never had any houseplant live that long.

• Ament
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Very Nice Tammy!
    I went to Walmart tonight and bought another. LoL It was an EA so of course tagged wrong. Heh it's tagged as a tsangii/bilobata but after a very short research session online, I found out it's not got a name, it's a DS-70. Which is alright, I know what it is. :)

Hubby said when I walked up with it, "Is that -another- hoya? LOL I grinned and said, "Yep!" for 12 bucks, in a decent size hanging pot all hanging beautifully I couldn't resist.

~Tina

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

Tina Hoya DS-70 is a really fantastic Hoya and you will not regret getting that one. This is the species that when it bloomed caused me to go from one Hoya that I got by chance in a misc. plant trade to eventually close to 200 different Hoya species (and one hybrid).

Mike

• Ament
    Original Author
    12 years ago

That's great to hear Mike, I saw a post from another who didn't enjoy their DS-70, but many others who did. I just knew it was one I didn't have. :D Off to go pack and get ready to head out tomorrow!

~Tina

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!