Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hoya minibeelle

Posted by cyclonenat (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 24, 11 at 2:56

Hi guys hoya minibelle and fungii arrived today does minibelle have leaves similar length to pubicaly x's and what cross is hoya fungii?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hoya minibeelle

H. minibelle looks more like H. sheperdii in leaf shape, only they are a bit wider. Both of those types are easy care and bloom well. You will like them.

o

Hoya fungii is a species (not a hybrid cross) that is closely related to Hoya carnosa.
Hoya Minibelle is a hybrid of Hoya shepherdii and Hoya carnosa. The name should be written like this Hoya Minibelle. The capitalization of Minibelle shows that this is a hybrid. The leaves can be plain green or with silver streaks like many Hoya pubicalyx varieties.

Mike

o

My hoya fungii looks much like carnosa but a bit different

o

Thanks Mike...you're right. I forgot.

Yes cyclonenat, H.fungii does look like H.carnosa only mine has much bigger leaves with more pronounced veining. Some also seem to twist and turn different. Also the backs of the leaves have a little fuzziness to them. It's flower however is almost the same looking as carnosa, whereas H. Minibelle's will be very pink, small, and roundish.

o

the leaves on mine dont have veining they are just moor round than carnosas

o
My H. fungii picture

I am going to attempt to put a picture of mine with a bloom in here. Not sure if this will work...

Here is a link that might be useful: H. fungii

o

thanks mine looks nothing like that lol grrrrrr cant wait to get my camera going/or get a new one. to take photos of all my new plants for everyone to see

o

That plant is also growing in bright light hence the light coloured leaves. Your Hoya fingii may have been grown in the shade and the leaf veining may not be apparent. Try growing your plant in bright indirect light and see if the leaves don't change. The leaves should be larger than your Hoya carnosa's or else you may have been sent another Hoya carnosa or less likely another related species like Hoya dasyantha.

Mike

o

Maybe she has H. motoskei. Those leaves are a bit fatter.
cyclonenat--can you post a picture of it?.. or put a picture in a photosharing site & post the link to it,(that is what I did)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here