Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
denise_gw

Merredithii x crassicaulis...

Denise
13 years ago

The search feature doesn't seem to be working on this site (I know the whole site was down last night, so they're apparently still having problems...) I tried to use it because I think there have been posts about merredithii x crassicaulis before, which I may even have responded to...

Anyway, I have these two clones that are very different. One I got from Ted Green a couple years ago. It's taken it until this year to really grow for me and it's looking fine now. This one has longer, narrower leaves that are quite smooth and even downright shiny. You can see the veins, but they don't exactly jump out at you...

This clone I got from Gardino's this spring. It's leaves are wider, a little incurved (like fungii), distinctly veined with a course surface...

When there are crosses like this, and there are distinguishable differences between clones, I wonder if one parent plant is dominant in one and the other parent plant is dominant in the other? I don't know enough about hybridizing to know if that explains the differences...

Denise in Omaha

Comments (2)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company