Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rennfl

DS 70 seeds

rennfl
11 years ago

My two seed pods on DS 70 are moving right along.

If all continues to go well, I'll end up with more seeds than I need, so if anyone wants any, email me, I'll send out the extras.

One thing to point out, I don't know if this was selfed, or if the other parent was a different Hoya. I did have other Hoyas blooming at the time.

Renee

Comments (11)

• rennfl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Emails are coming in, so for now instead of responding to each individually, I've been thinking about how to do this.

First, thank you to those who have offered a trade, but no need to. These are free and I don't mind sharing at all.

After the pods open, I'll contact you all, in order that I receive the emails and let you know.

One thing though, what is reasonable to send to people - how many seeds that will allow me to send to as many people as I can, but enough that each person has a good chance of them growing. 5, 10, 15?

Advice on that would be appreciated.

Renee

• emt23
    11 years ago

This very generous of you Renee. ~ Mary

• ohmybloomers
    11 years ago

Very! You all are generous with so much, and I really appreciate it.

• rennfl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The pods are progressing nicely - shouldn't be too much longer

But anyone have any advice on what is a fair number of seeds to send to people? Just realistically what should I send?

Renee

• grmadarr
    11 years ago

Renee;
    I know I'm late but if you have any seeds left over I would love to try to grow some. I have not tried this but
    I can follow your instructions!
    My E-Mail is on my page. Thanks grmadarr

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Hi Renee,

I think I'd received about 15 seeds of Pachyclada when SueTran sent them. So that seems quite reasonable to me. It's sure enough for a person to sow in 2 or 3 attempts should they so choose.

• rennfl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you PG!

Renee

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

I think it really varies. I'm not sure based on what. I received more than 15 seeds from Sue, because I started with 13 seedlings. But I didn't count them at the time. They seemed to have a high propagation rate though, so it was probably close.

On the other hand, I received a whole luscious cuddly swarm of seeds from a very sweet forum member here while I was going through the very bluest days of my last couple months. And I really didn't end up with a swarm of seedlings even though I gave them the same treatment as the pachycladas, and am tending them more expertly. I ended up with about 25. So I think the germination rate can vary even when they are shipped very quickly and safely.

Here is a picture of them taken a little over 2 weeks after planting. Hopefully this will get all of you guys in the mood for your babies.

Introducing...

Baby Hoya Mathildes!!
    (This is just one of 4 containers)

Thank you kind giver-of-baby-Mathildes. It is true. It's hard to be sad when you are looking at a young Hoya. :)

• rennfl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Figured it was time for an update - pods still fine.

To those who have emailed recently about seeds, I did receive your emails.

As soon as the seeds are ready, I will go through and contact you all and basically count out 15 seeds to send in first come order. But I will let each of you know individually.

Renee

• cyclonenat
    11 years ago

the seeds arrived today thanks

• ohmybloomers
    11 years ago

I hope all the recipients will post photos once they start germinating! I put mine in the greenhouse a couple weeks ago, but nothing's popping up (yet!). Maybe I'll see a wonderful green gift in time for Christmas. Thank you again, Renee!