Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wrynsmom

The Dragons

wrynsmom
13 years ago

Okay, so the Forest Treasures order from SRQ should be in soon. Is anyone going to do the last minute rush and order something else to go with them? I need suggestions!

Carolyn

Comments (15)

• kellyknits
    13 years ago

Most likely.....LOL! Don't know what yet!
    Kelly

• wrynsmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Time is runnin' out! We gotta hurry! ;) When you think of something, let me know . . . maybe I'll just order some cuttings to go with them. Hmmmmm . . .

Carolyn

• mdahms1979
    13 years ago

Carolyn there are some really nice small flowered species, check out the link. Not sure if you were meaning to order from Forest Treasures or from Joni's stock?
    Check out Hoya Lucardenasiana as well, really nice smaller plant and you can only get it from Forest Treasures or Ted Green.

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: 'Myrmecopa-Wrong ID' # 7/21

• quinnfyre
    13 years ago

Every time I see the pic of lucardenasiana, I want it. I'm still holding off for now though.

Did you order both dragons, Carolyn? How many others out there ordered one or both? I would've liked to, but I couldn't afford it, nor do I have the room. The only thing I ordered was blashernaezii, which has been on a must-have list of mine ever since Mike posted a pic of his plant in bloom.

• PRO
    Jan Sword-Rossman Realty 239-470-6061
    13 years ago

I can't afford any either, my DH has been unemployed for 11/2 years now. Otherwise I would have bought both the dragons. LOL
    I am fixing my urges by trading few.

Jan

• greedygh0st
    13 years ago

I went for a couple of cuttings but she ended up having them available as (unposted) plants instead lol. I have to admit that I'm starting to feel like I'm hitting a wall on how many plants I can accommodate from here on.

Good thing I have all Winter to rearrange! :3

Quinn, I ordered 'Black Dragon.'

• puglvr1
    13 years ago

Awesome GG...you guys know we need pictures when you get them right? I'll just drool on the computer when you guys post your pictures,lol...

Its a little out of my budget too...plus there's the space issue that everyone is facing also.

• quinnfyre
    13 years ago

That wall? Yeah, I've crashed into it, full force. I'm pretty much at the stage where I can only get a new plant if I get rid of another : (

I do have the smallest bit of space for trades that have already been initiated, so there's that, at least. Or I could move, ha ha.

• quinnfyre
    13 years ago

Um, that was supposed to be a sad face. But the line break messed it up. Sigh.

Yes, pics please! I especially wanted the white one. I expected to want Black Dragon more, but strangely that wasn't the case.

• dmichael619
    13 years ago

UNFORTUNATELY,,yes I said unfortunately for me space is not a issue.Having the space as big of an issue as for those of you have have too little space. Reason being is that because I have the space, I FEEL the need to fill it up. Obviously I DO NOT have the self control that I thought I had. I know this because I ordered 5 the first time around and just contacted Joni about possibly adding 5 more!! Now do I need an intervention or what!!!

• wrynsmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

David, I'd say you need a SERIOUS intervention! hahaha Oh, do be a ladybug in your greenhouse. ;) You should take a picture from the doorway, just for fun, so we can see how HUGE the greenhouse really is.

Carolyn

• wrynsmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ummm, that was supposed to read "Oh, TO be a ladybug in your greenhouse" My proofreading skills have declined greatly over the last ten years (exactly how long I've had children). ;)

Carolyn

• moonwolf_gw
    13 years ago

Quinn, I'm with you on White Dragon. When I saw the flowers of both plants, there was something about White Dragon's flowers that struck a chord with me.

I AM one of those gardeners who has limited space indoors and it is hard to choose on which plants you want to add to your collection. Unlike most gardening nuts like ourselves, I do have self-control. For example, I saw nummalroides at Lowe's last month but didn't get it because I didn't have the money or space to buy it (I had bought a honeysuckle for the outdoor garden).

Maybe someday I'll have both of the Dragons in my collection.

LOL, Carolyn. We all have those moments. Some of us more than others, me being one of them :)

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• geosdee
    13 years ago

Yep, me too, I got the black dragon along with some others. I didn't get the which dragon, it just didn't ring my chimes, will probably regret that decision but...

Like David, I don't have a space issue and I have absolutely no self control.

Dee

• wrynsmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

My downfall is . . . I DO have a space issue, and I have NO self control! Pretty soon, I'll be sleeping on the back porch and the plants will have my bed!!!!! At least, that's what my neighbor tells me. ;)

Carolyn

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative Design-Build Firms