Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
changchang_gw

My cuttingsfrom Thailand arrived in only 6 days

ChangChang
10 years ago

The shipping cost made me cringe for days. But if I want to trade, I need more than the plentiful Carnosa. My cuttings came to me a bit dehydrated, but that was quickly remedied with a bath and enclosure in plastic bags for about 4 hours. At that point, I was prepared to pot them up and put them in their Rubbermaid greenhouse. (Thanks to puglvr1�s timely suggestion with pictures.) I was ready with sterilized pots. I dusted their bottoms with rooting hormones, filled the pots with hoya mix (thanks to the forum) and watered in with warm water. I carefully planted them then popped them into their greenhouse. (Since I wrote the post my H. bordenii looks very sad. I think I may lose it. C'est la vie
I purchased H. clandestina IML 0161b on 8/2/13 before I found your forum with its wealth of knowledge. As soon as I read puglvr1�s greenhouse tip I realized they could still benefit from their own greenhouse. So�I grabbed them and popped them into their own greenhouse along with other cuttings from Carnosa and a H. cv. Ligia RHM-002 I received as a bonus. I didn�t give the Ligia much hope until I put it in the greenhouse. Hoyas continue to surprise me with their will to live. Two of the 3 clandestina had rooted and I have great hope for the third.
I have had two weeks of frustration trying to post multiple pictures. I�m afraid that I will have to do with one picture at a time until I can get a tutorial from my son. Since I wrote this post my H. bordenii died, though the others seem to be doing fine. I am thrilled with my H. clandestine. I separated the cutting into 3 plants and all of them are rooting right along. I off-set the lid on my little greenhouses because I believe the humidity was too high.
Thanks to everyone for their help and welcome.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County