Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Speaking of other H. Pubicalyx (another thread)

Posted by pirate_girl Zone7 NYC (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 9, 10 at 11:54

Has anyone heard of H. Pubicalyx Fresno?

It's from Dale Kloppenberg who gave some to Norma who shared some w/ me (she's since stopped growing Hoyas if I recall correctly). It looks like any other Pubicalyx (to me), has never bloomed for me & has particularly knobby nodes. I'm down to my last bits of it, seems to have died back somewhat, don't know why.

I'll look around to see if I've got any pix.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Speaking of other H. Pubicalyx (another thread)

Yes, H. pubicalyx 'Fresno Beauty.' That's one I would love to have in my collection.

Carolyn

Here is a link that might be useful: H. pubicalyx 'Fresno Beauty'

o

Looks almost identical to 'Pink Silver'. Karen, I'd sure be happy to send you some 'PS' if you don't have it.

Denise in Omaha

o

Hi Caroline,

Thanks for the nice pix, I never seem to see/hear of this Hoya coming up in conversation anywhere.

Hiya Denise,

Thanks, what a sweet & lovely offer. Yes, thanks, sure, if you've got some to spare, happy to welcome some aboard!

Yes, when it was first given me, I still had some 'Pink Silver'; I believe it came as 'Pink Splash' & they looked so similar I put them in different places to keep 'em straight. (Mine was from Lesli/GA, remember, early on when this Hoya Forum was started?) Have since lost it, haven't happened to replace it. Have just been working on keeping Fresno alive ... sigh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here