Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hoya Lobbii

Posted by emt23 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 24, 12 at 12:04

I spotted the bloom starting August 28 and it took this long to open September 22. No apparent scent I can recogize. The plant is 2 years old. I did not even breathe on this to cause any blasting of the buds. 9 total. WOW!
~ Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hoya Lobbii

so pretty!

o

Beautiful! Congratulations on the flowers!

o

Quite the stunning pic too, congratulations on both!!!

o

Thanks all! ~ Mary

o

Lovely flower...the colour is so nice!

o

This was taken today and I am sure coming to an end. I love the way dripping nectar looks. ~ Mary

o

Mary - I'm just now seeing this on Saturday morning, and what a gorgeous photo to wake up to - thank you! I hope my little lobbii cutting gives me such a great show someday. In the meantime, I sure am enjoying the photos you and everyone else post.

o

Thanks OMB! I am glad you enjoyed the photos. I love to see other postings too. ~ Mary

o

Oh wow! Sooo beautiful! I moved my biggest lobbii to a prime spot in the kitchen (because, let's face it, all lobbiis are going to elbow their way into a prime position eventually), and ever since then I've been S T A R I N G at it daily, willing those tiny newborn peduncles to do something.

I look at your photo and feel like that explosion of crimson is just so life affirming. Like when heady afternoon sunlight soaks into your skin.

o

GG your description is so moving! Yes this lobbii was sprawling and I took a hair clip and did what looked to be a chokehold on all the stems together after that the bloom started. I thought I was wrangling it too tough and low and behold! I am watching a boutii peduncle and that has started out so small I can hardly think such beauty evolves from something so teeny. I shall post it's evolution as soon as it blooms. Welcome back! ~ Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here