Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does This Hoya Exsist?

Posted by aveo5 10 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 3, 11 at 13:51

Hey All. I saw an auction for 1 tiny cutting of a 'Pink Lacunosa'....it sold for like $10.00 for a single cutting. I have never seen a Pink Lacounsa....does it exist...or was this person selling the plain white 'Snow-cap' Lacunosa?

I would love to find a pink flowering version of Lacunosa, the white one is one of my best flowering and growing hoyas I have. Not to mention the aroma at night. Does anyone have a picture of it,if it exists,or know where I can find one? Or find a few cuttings? Or was this person selling a 'white elephant?!'

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does This Hoya Exsist?

This is the problem with hoyas when any name is as good as the correct one. It may turn out to be an obscura, "pubera" or possibly one of those Philippine unnamed look-a-likes.
Where did you see it? EBay?

o

It was on EBay....but it didnt show any picture, other than of the cutting. It looked like a Lacunosa cutting, but when I asked the seller for details about the hoya, all I was told was that only 1 cutting was to be sold, the mother plant cost a lot of money, and now that it was big enough, she was selling this 1 cutting. No picture of the blooms or a name other than 'Pink Lacunosa'....so...I wondered IF a Pink Lacunosa existed at all.

o

It's probably Hoya lacanosa 'Tove' which can get a pinkish bloom in bright light. It's not bright pink or anything.

Mike

o

My Lacunosa 'royal flush' has bloomed pink before...when I have it in very bright light. Normally it blooms white, but when it gets a lot of bright light it blooms pink for me.

o

Hoya cv. Sunrise is also worth looking into if you are after a pink flowering plant. This is a hybrid between Hoya lacanosa subsp. pallidiflora and Hoya obscura. The leaves of this hybrid can become a beautiful red in bright light. This is not the easiest plant to find though it is available from Thai vendors.

Mike

o

Joni at SRQHoyas has lacunosa 'tove' on special this month for $10. The description states that it frequently blooms pink.

Michelle

Here is a link that might be useful: Lacunosa tove

o
Re: Hoya cv sunrise

I just looked and she also has cv sunrise and the blooms look pink.

Michelle

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoya cv sunrise

o

I too have 'Tove' and it does bloom light pink, and has lovely dark red new growth. I find it grows very slowly however compared to the fast growth (for me) of the regular lacunosa. I've had cv 'Sunrise' and have obscura, and 'Tove' is the easiest for me to grow. Just my $0.02 worth.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here