Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ament1970

OT Photos from -The- trip

Ament
12 years ago

Ok, finally got them all uploaded onto the pc. Not all are uploaded to photobucket as I didn't think you all wanted to view every single scenery shot I took. 560 pictures to be exact.lol Reception and everything else. Click the picture to access the album. :)

Anyway, Enjoy! And thank you for viewing! :)

{{gwi:553056}}

~Tina

Comments (12)

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

Hi Tina, welcome back...Glad you made it home safely. I read about the car problems you had during your trip, sorry to hear that. I'm sure you're glad to be home. Your pictures are great. Thanks so much for sharing them!!

• Ament
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Puglvr,
    That was the strangest trip ever! LoL I am very grateful to be back home, that's for certain. :) Glad you enjoyed the pictures! I love taking them.

~Tina

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

I just love the beautiful mountains of US, they are just marvious!

Mitzi

• ima_digger
    12 years ago

nice pictures. I enjoyed them all.

• tigerdawn
    12 years ago

I love your album! We seem to think alike when taking photos. You have some awesome shots in there! I wanted to help with some of your IDs but I only know 2 of them.

This looks to me like Krimson Queen

I think this one is ice plant

• Ament
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Mitzi, I have far more of the mountains but didn't want to overload folks with them. I've got to go through them with a photo program and crop those I want to save so I can upload them as well. :) Glad you enjoyed them!

Ima, Thank you! I had much fun clickin' while hanging part way out the window of the truck. Sport function is a sweet option to have while snapping away. LOL

Tiger,
    I thought the second an Ice plant as well, but wasn't certain so I didn't guess at it. The hoya I found a larger pot of it too last night and it is a beauty, so I bought her and brought her home. I'll get photos of her and others as well. :D I'll have to also get a full shot of the plumeria I was gifted by an Aunt out there. It's so lovely!

~Tina

• eileen44_gardener
    12 years ago

Tina... Those pictures are amazing... I love pictures like that.. and so many of those flowers are common here in Vermont... not wild.. some but not all... but they grow here!... And if that is your lovely plumie!.... that is the exact picture as I have of the one I adopted???? LOL... I'll have to dig for pics ... amazing.. and what a good job... thanks for sharing them!... Eileen in Vermont

• Ament
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Eileen, many of those were taken out in SoCal. Either in Auntie Yo's yard or the neighbors hillside plantings. I just couldn't resist wandering around several days in a row to take pictures of everything! LoL It was quite amusing for them to watch I suppose. I think none of them are used to that, however, my husband is. He's seen my daughter and I both do it. We're both very into that. :) My Rebel is the best investment ever! Next purchase for it I requested for Christmas possibly... Hopefully! A better telescopic lens! :D Better zoom! Haha!

Oh I just love the plumie but no one on the plumie forum can tell me what the name of it is. I'll go check again to see if anyone responded, but last time I checked I had no replies. I may have to scour the web to find it... :/ We'll see if I can do so. :) I'm very persistent when I must be! All the images in the folder of the plumie are ones I took while out there, so they both must be exactly the same type. I've seen pictures of others I really enjoy too. And I am glad you enjoyed the pictures!

~Tina

• eileen44_gardener
    12 years ago

Tina... I did submit photos of my plumie to the forum when it bloomed!.. I had never even heard of it until I adopted one from my friend's mom... I was hoping to have it ID'd... but never did... and the pics of so many others were... well amazing!.. not sure how she'll do next summer b/c the only place I can put her.. and she's kind of tall in her pot, is right in front of my kitchen window.. outdoors but not in the way of the guys mowing the lawn here... so not sure how well she'll like it.. used to have the sun all afternoon at the house... which I just sold!... not sure she'll get the same light!... she didn't bloom this year anyway and lost one of the 2 long "stems".. some kind of black rot??... good luck with yours and keep us posted... I'd love to see how that goes for you! I forgot, where are you located? Eileen

• Ament
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Eileen, If you have the plumie in a pot of regular potting soil, you might want to add a bit of sand to it. Not the clay stuff that we normally would use for hoyas, plumies prefer sand. :) Also, if she's potted the same way my gal is, she's going to be deeper in the pot that she should be. So raise her up higher in the pot this winter. Pot her into a bit larger pot. You can also cut the tips and root them like you would a brugmansia which would shorten your gals hight issues. ;) I only know all of this because I've just spent hrs researching these buggers the last 4-6 days. LOL

As for my location, I'm in the Black Hills of South Dakota, a small town called Black Hawk. :) So long as your plumie gets 4-6hrs of good sun light a day, she'll do fine for you, also fertilize it, flush the salts and such, don't use miracle grow tho. Over on the plumie forums they've info on what works well for fertilizer. LOL I'll stop yammerin' now...

~Tina
    P.S. What does your plumie look like Eileen?

• eileen44_gardener
    12 years ago

Thanks Tina... for your advise... I did use the forum quite a bit when I got my plumie and learned a lot... I did change her soil.. added sand and I also repotted her this past spring and lifted her up.. The woman who gave me the first one also gave me another one last year... and that one was not doing well.. they were both out on the tiny area I called my "deck"... so perhaps what "he" had... she caught from him.. sitting next to each other all summer. but the sick one gave way and I had to let it go... not enough room to try to nurture a sick plumie and it was after that time outdoors that she showed similar signs and I cut away the other branch.. other than that amputation, she did really well again this year... good growth, but no blooms. Last year she bloomed and that might have been on the now removed branch.. I'll see if I can find the resized photos and send them to you.. is your email address available here on the forum? Don't want to invade the hoya forum with a lot of plumie chat etc!... but it looks the same as yours.. I think... Thanks Eileen

• Ament
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes my email is on my page Eileen, shoot me an email and we can chat there. :)

~Tina

Sponsored
More Discussions