Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Liddle order arrived

Posted by gplainshoya midwest zone 6 us (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 10, 12 at 17:12

So excited to get my small order from Iris Liddle. Soon I post pic if I can remember my photobucket acct. I only got 4... hoya IML 1168 kalimantan, hoya benguetensis, hoya IML 1391, and Hoya IML 1101. All of them have beautiful read leaves...except Kalimantan.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Liddle order arrived

• Posted by Klea 4b (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 10, 12 at 23:09

Congratulations on the new arrivals! :) Some beautiful hoyas you've got there!

o

I put in an order with Liddles a few years back and was really pleased with what arrived.

o

I thought it was very expensive to do an individual order. I remember reading somewhere it was about $140 in shipping and phyto, which is why I thought there were group orders. Has something changed??

Denise in Omaha

o
RE: Liddle order arrived (Photos)

Here are some crappy photos of my cuttings. My camera is down and I am waiting to get a new one...so please pardon the poor resolution of these from my iPhone:

soaking:

liddle order June2012

h. sp.kalimantan IML 1168

h. IML1168 kalimantan

h. IML 0772 benguetensis
h. benguetensis IML 0772

h. benguetensis IML 0772

h. IML 1101 hellwigiana
h. IML 1101 hellwigiana

h. IML 1391
h. IML 1391

o

thanks all for the comments...these cuttings were as fresh as just cut...and generous. I feel very honored to have been able to do this...as I will only do this once (LOL) because I now have 30-40 hoyas and I do not have a GH to put them in...but...as an artist (sculptor) I am a sucker for color, texture and good smells. :-)

@ Denise...I got on a group order with some friends...

thanks gplainshoya

o

Kalimantan looks amazing - Thats on my list now!!
I really should get around to a liddle order... hmmmm... hurry up pay-day!

o

Great order, Laura! I personally think hellwigiana and 1391 are two plants that should be in everyone's collection. Just gorgeous. It's like having fall leaves year round.

I was also in this order and overall my order looked more dog-eared than last year, but all of them turned right around and put roots out. Presumably fueled by yummy Australian energy. Here's a shot of them taken a week after their arrival. See? You can't even tell they ever looked pathetic and dropped a bunch of leaves.

Untitled

There are a lot of nice plants in there, but amusingly the one I'm most excited about is multiflora. Yes! Finally I have both javanica-or-something and multiflora. I also got another deykae. Am I a glutton for punishment or what?! I'm hoping that starting the plant from a cutting in my conditions will be the key to having a nice loving plant like Denise's.

As you can see, I chose to root them in hydroton, sitting in a dish of water atop a heating mat. I'll be transferring them to soil in the long run though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here