Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Royal Flush And Ruby Sue Buds (Plus Updates)

Posted by moonwolf Z6 Central PA (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 4, 13 at 17:31

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share two pictures of my lacunosas which are just going CRAZY with peduncles and buds!!! Take a look!

Ruby Sue
 photo 128_zpsde5d0016.jpg

Royal Flush
 photo 127_zpsf221be80.jpg

I also wanted to share some updates about me. Last Wednesday morning, I was over at my neighbors' and setting out their flower pots to get some rain. It was raining at the time and the deck was wet. I was reaching for the one flowerpot out over the side of the deck that hangs on a shepherd's hook when my feet suddenly went out from under me and I went over the deck head first. Luckily, I only got a brush burn on the right side on my ribs and a sore left arm. I am all healed now, and I even managed to go with dad to his arthritis doctor's appointment, do some shopping with him (I finally found the Xanadu soundtrack!!!), and eat supper at Red Lobster. So, it's safe to say that the positives outweighed the negatives.

Hope you're all doing well!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Royal Flush And Ruby Sue Buds (Plus Updates)

Oh - what we do for plants, even our neighbor's plants. Glad you're OK.

o

Wow Brad, you are going to have some beauties!! Its going to smell wonderful too. Maybe you can get some pollinated and get seeds!! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.

Sorry about your fall! I too fell recently going into Food City. I was running in to grab a Nepenthes (picture plant) and it was just starting to rain. Yes what we do for our plants! lol

Teisa

This post was edited by teisa on Fri, Sep 6, 13 at 6:39

o

OMG...Please be careful Brad!! Glad you're okay...it certainly could have been SO much worse!!

Teisa...you be careful as well. Been there done that too :o(

Congrats on the buds and soon to be blooms Brad...

o

Thank you, everyone!

My fall could've been much worse due to I had my umbrella with me and it had a metal point and I landed on my umbrella and it broke. Luckily, there was a bush right where I went over and helped break my fall, but I still had the wind knocked outta me and the aforementioned injuries, but I am alive and well :-). Oh, and to note, these were just outdoor plants, not Hoyas. Part of their deck is covered, and I was moving them to where they could get some rain out in the open.

Teisa, I hope you're okay! I would've been rushing, too, if I saw a Nepenthes around here LOL.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here