Ahhhh...Butterscotch

tingtingeling
11 years ago

SD-70

Strange how the tiny flowers can have such a rich flavour

Comments (10)

• Denise
    11 years ago

I have to give you a little ribbing, Inger - it's DS-70, not SD-70. But I have never detected any scent at all on my DS-70. I've heard others smell butterscotch (or just butter) too, so I'm always jelous when I hear of the scent of DS-70. Congrats!

Denise in Omaha

• emt23
    11 years ago

That is nice Inger I hope more come along for you. I have one and it grows, dies back, grows again! Some day maybe! ~ Mary

• moonwolf_gw
    11 years ago

Congrats, Inger! DS-70 is one I never had bloom for me and it finally died on me some time back, but I have always admired the flowers on it. They're adorable!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• tingtingeling
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jeeze Denise! I was so conserned about getting butterscotch spelled right, that i missed on DS
    *blushing*

• Klea
    11 years ago

Stunning photo! I wish I could lean forward and sniff the flowers through the laptop screen. lol :) They look gorgeous!

• teisa
    11 years ago

Very pretty picture! I love this one. Mine is blooming right now also. It often times has nectar that I can't resist trying. The nectar of DS-70 reminds me of honey suckle!! Have you tried this also?

• tingtingeling
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yup, teisa, I`ve tried it...really sweet taste :)

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

Oh Inger! Yes! Isn't the fragrance amazing? Like the thickest richest homemade caramel thickening on the stovetop. I was telling Mike that even when I was in "maintenance mode" with my plants, the aroma of these blooms was ... well pure happiness. It's like a calorie-free dessert.

And apparently this one will bloom abundantly even in a northern window in a northern climate. Because that's where I had mine. This is its first year blooming, but it's been going for months on many peduncles. :)

• smn55410
    11 years ago

I've just found the hoya forum and therefore just seeing this thread (but as a loyal hoya lover so happy I found the forum!). I have a DS-70 and haven't been able to pinpoint the exact scent but butterscotch is exactly what it smells like. Mine is blooming for the second time and the smell practically smacks me in the face when I walk in my apartment. It's just heavenly! Thanks for sharing as I never would have guessed!

• emt23
    11 years ago

Welcome smn! I hope mine smacks me that way some day, in the nice way! Lol ~ Mary

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions