Ahhhh...Butterscotch

Posted by inger-l (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 12, 12 at 18:11

SD-70
Strange how the tiny flowers can have such a rich flavour

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ahhhh...Butterscotch

I have to give you a little ribbing, Inger - it's DS-70, not SD-70. But I have never detected any scent at all on my DS-70. I've heard others smell butterscotch (or just butter) too, so I'm always jelous when I hear of the scent of DS-70. Congrats!

Denise in Omaha

o

That is nice Inger I hope more come along for you. I have one and it grows, dies back, grows again! Some day maybe! ~ Mary

o

Congrats, Inger! DS-70 is one I never had bloom for me and it finally died on me some time back, but I have always admired the flowers on it. They're adorable!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Jeeze Denise! I was so conserned about getting butterscotch spelled right, that i missed on DS
*blushing*

o

Stunning photo! I wish I could lean forward and sniff the flowers through the laptop screen. lol :) They look gorgeous!

o

Very pretty picture! I love this one. Mine is blooming right now also. It often times has nectar that I can't resist trying. The nectar of DS-70 reminds me of honey suckle!! Have you tried this also?

o

Yup, teisa, I`ve tried it...really sweet taste :)

o

Oh Inger! Yes! Isn't the fragrance amazing? Like the thickest richest homemade caramel thickening on the stovetop. I was telling Mike that even when I was in "maintenance mode" with my plants, the aroma of these blooms was ... well pure happiness. It's like a calorie-free dessert.

And apparently this one will bloom abundantly even in a northern window in a northern climate. Because that's where I had mine. This is its first year blooming, but it's been going for months on many peduncles. :)

o

I've just found the hoya forum and therefore just seeing this thread (but as a loyal hoya lover so happy I found the forum!). I have a DS-70 and haven't been able to pinpoint the exact scent but butterscotch is exactly what it smells like. Mine is blooming for the second time and the smell practically smacks me in the face when I walk in my apartment. It's just heavenly! Thanks for sharing as I never would have guessed!

o

Welcome smn! I hope mine smacks me that way some day, in the nice way! Lol ~ Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here