Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bug Problems

Posted by grmadarr 8a (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 20, 12 at 19:59

Hello again;
Its Grmadarr with a question again. Seems like thats the
only time I get on here but I do look and watch a lot. I have many of my hoyas blooming BUT......I have tiny orange
bugs on some of them. What are they and how can I get rid of them? I NEED HELP!!!! Please!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bug Problems

I like to spray a mix of dish soap and water, a few drops of Palmolive or Sunlight in a small spritzer bottle out of the direct sun and this usually takes care of small infestations with routine checks to respray if needed. I think there is someone on here in your area that had the same problem and maybe they can give more specific advice.
Good luck. ~ Mary

o

Sounds like aphids. Go to the posting awhile back I've linked below.

Denise in Omaha

Here is a link that might be useful: About aphids

o

Thanks for the advice!
I have been using Denise's (Alcohol/water and dish soap
mixture and it helps but I just keep seeing them over and over. I have all of my Hoyas in my greenhouse and all of them seem to be doing real good...except for those little orange devils! I'll just keep spraying and watching for the good advice I get here. Grmadarr

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here