Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aveo5

My 'Mac'. is growing like a weed now,and......

aveo5
12 years ago

Now that I finally moved my small 'Macgillvrayii,Pandanus Creek', I think I spelled it right. Well after two years on the back porch, doing nothing, it has doubled in size on my outside north facing porch,in like 3 months, and tonight I saw its first bloom spur!

It is as small as a pin,but it is gonna bloom! It has been so long since I had one bloom, is fall/winter its usual bloom season? I recall the mother blooming whenever she felt like it, all year round.

Only took me like 2 years to get around to potting it up and putting it on the northern facing porch,and outside, where its mother lived and bloomed, but she also died out of the blue on me,like 3 years ago. I finally potted it up to a small 6in hanging basket, and it started to put of BIG red leaves and vines all over the place,and tonight I went to tie up the vines,to TRY and control it, and be able to see the blooms....not have them up in the rafters and missing them!

Anyone have any idea how long with luck,it will take to go from just developed, to blooming? I know it will be well over a month to get the size and see buds, but to get big enough and bloom...any ideas on a time frame? The mother this one came from, had up to 8 blooms per spur, I have now found out these giant bloomers only put out a few blooms ,instead of the round ball with like 40 blooms on the more common ones.

But I figured I would ask if anyone timed the length between the very beginning of a spur showing itself, and blooms on a 'Mac'. opening. Wish I could post the pics of it as it grows and develops....but I have no luck at all in posting pictures. People have told me how like 5 times, and I never get it right.

Comments (2)

Sponsored