Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geosdee

Any interesting visitors on your hoya's?

geosdee
13 years ago

Look what I found while watering - such a lime green

Has anyone else found something interesting on theirs?

Dee

Comments (17)

• Denise
    13 years ago

Another adorable little frog to make me jelous! What a cutie he is. The most interesting thing that happened this summer with my big ol' 'Krimson Princess' (which is hanging under my covered front porch) is a Robin built a nest in it and hatched three babies. It was all very cute to watch, but oh what a terrible mess they left in my Hoya! You wouldn't think such little birdies could poop so much!

Denise in Omaha

• geosdee
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OH, I bet they were cute. I am sure they are just like babies, lots of poop for such a small little person.

Dee

• PRO
    Jan Sword-Rossman Realty 239-470-6061
    13 years ago

Dee, he is so cute!
    This was a few years ago, that dischidia is history now but it was worth it..

• geosdee
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Awww.

• jlt37869
    13 years ago

Your cute frog looks so fat and happy! And, yes, VERY lime green!!

I had just commented in another thread that lizards never come up on my deck (where my hoyas are located). Well, you know what happened next!! For the last week or so, I've had 2 hanging around ,,, a big one and a little one (maybe a mama and a baby)?!?! Here's the little one.

• mdahms1979
    13 years ago

What a cute little Anole!

Mike

• rennfl
    13 years ago

I have lots of those little anoles all over my Hoyas and orchids. I think that is why I have very few insect problems even when they are outside.

Although they don't like being watered, they all scatter when I bring out the hose.

They are really cute.

• moonwolf_gw
    13 years ago

The only thing I remember seeing on my hoyas was a lone random hummingbird that would perch on my carnosa vines or the hanger it was in for a moment. Mom has several feeders around the yard. That's neat that you all get frogs and lizards on your plants! I haven't seen any on mine but a couple times I think I had a spider on a plant or two a few times before.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    13 years ago

I've got a lot of frogs in my Hoyas.....ordinary frogs, though, nothing so exotic!

Maybe I'll be able to snap a pic. So far, only the frogs in my ferns hold still for pictures.

Josh

• puglvr1
    13 years ago

I had a butterfly visit my KQ this morning...and although its not a hoya I found this little guy on my Gardenia!

This Little guy is so tiny...the leaf he's sitting on is only a little over an inch!
    {{gwi:986019}}

• jlt37869
    13 years ago

Great shots!! It looks like they are both posing for you. And speaking of posing ,,, how's Max? I would think he would want to "play" with that cute little frog?!?!

I brought my hoyas in the house a week ago. And this poor guy keeps lurking around where "his" hanging plants hung ,,, it's like he's looking for his home!! I feel a bit guilty whenever I see him ,,, he looks so sad and depressed.

Jennifer

• puglvr1
    13 years ago

Hey Jennifer, awww...that poor little guy does look lost! Must be wondering where all his favorite plants to hide in went?

Since you asked about Max(lucky for the frog Max didn't see him)...here he is trying out his Halloween costume,lol...of course it was almost 90ð that day so I had to keep the wardrobe posing shots to a minimum.
    {{gwi:673472}}

• PRO
    Jan Sword-Rossman Realty 239-470-6061
    13 years ago

Awww, Max is so cute!

• mitzicos
    13 years ago

Not it my hoyas but in my space.....

Here is a link that might be useful:

• puglvr1
    13 years ago

Thanks Jan...he's a ham,lol...He loves to post for pictures!

Mitzicos...that is so Cool! Thanks for posting!
    If you still need the Iris Liddle catalog...send me an email (go to My Page) and I can send you the PDF file. You don't have email on your member page.

• mitzicos
    13 years ago

I'm new at this forum and I have the difficulty of the language.... my email is mitzicos@click21.com.br!
    I tried to upload some pictures but I have no success, it is always requesting the name of the link and when I write www.fotobucket.com a fail message appears............ LOL which is the name of the link?????? Sorry but it is different from uploading pictures in orkut or facebook....

• mitzicos
    13 years ago
Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor