Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elo_77

Hello

elo_77
11 years ago

hi all ..

I am Elo, I live in Seville, Spain ... I'm a lover of the hoyas, and I'd like to share this hobby.

Greetings from Sevilla.

Comments (20)

• emt23
    11 years ago

Hello Elo. Welcome! We all love the hoya too and glad you are here!
    ~ Mary

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

Nice to meet you, Elo. :) Can you keep Hoyas outdoors in Seville?

• Klea
    11 years ago

Welcome to the forum, Elo! : )

• Denise
    11 years ago

Hi Elo,

Happy to meet another Hoya enthusiast! When I read your GW "handle", what came to mind immediately was ELO or Electric Light Orchestra, a popular band in 1977. I thought maybe you were a fan! LOL!

Look forward to you popping in to comment.

Denise in Omaha
    (A fan of ELO who graduated in 1977!)

• elo_77
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good morning
    emt23, Thanks for the welcome and delighted to be in the Forum.

greedyghost, nice to meet you too. In Seville, the winters are not too hard, the summers are very hot.Anyway I have the hoyas in two patios, one covered, with a structure of hierrro and metacritalo, and the other, open it and close it at me convenience.

Klea, Thank you for the welcome.

denise,Thank you, I also am happy to be here. I know this group, but it is not for the... Elo is my name and 77 is the year in which I was born.

• elo_77
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I present one of my hoyas,... the hoya bella...I hope that you like it.

• elo_77
    Original Author
    11 years ago

and these are his flowers

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

Wow, that's a gorgeous bella! I should quit chopping mine up and let it grow long like yours. It looks so beautiful photographed against your warm colored walls. :)

• elo_77
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Greedghost, This hoya when you buy was tangled, but remove the support I had, and since then has been much better.
    I like so, hanging
    I am glad you like la hoya, and that you like it as I have the walls of my yard.

• elo_77
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Another hoya I leave, this is the Ds70... Here you can see a little more of the courtyard.I hope that you like it.

• ohmybloomers
    11 years ago

Beautiful hoya, beautiful walls! Hoyas love Spain!

• emt23
    11 years ago

Very nice shape and fullness. Thanks for showing this. ~ Mary

• Klea
    11 years ago

Very impressive looking plants, Elo! When that big DS-70 blooms it must smell so good!!

• elo_77
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello....
    ohmybloomers, thank you, I glad that you like the hoyas, and my yard.

emt23, Many thanks to you. Greetings Mary

Klea, Thank you, the ds70 has blossomed quite is spring and summer... yes, ds70 smell very well... I would say that smells like sugar., to something very sweet.
    I like the smell of the lacunosa very much

• elo_77
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lacunosa

• elo_77
    Original Author
    11 years ago

a corner

• moonwolf_gw
    11 years ago

Welcome to the forum, elo :). I am also a fan of the group lol. Some of you may remember, I nicknamed my garden "Xanadu" after the movie.

Lovely plants, especially the bella :).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

Love the pictures, Elo! Thank you for sharing them! You have a lovely space to grow in. Just looking at those rosy tiles makes me smile.

That is interesting that when you bought the bella it was growing on a support. I think this Hoya looks very messy, like a person with too many elbows, until it grows down long.

I think I may need to transfer my bella to a different potting soil in the spring. I switched it to my standard Hoya blend a year and a half ago and it's never done as well as it used to when I had it in a peatier mix. It just dries out too fast and, although it is strong, it gets stressed too frequently.

• elo_77
    Original Author
    11 years ago

moonwolf, Thanks for the welcome, I am delighted to be among you.

greedyghost, I am glad you like the decoration of the courtyard, is a typical Sevillan patio with clay tiles...

You're right, the support that brought beauty to that had the pinched Guide and noticed that vitality to its leaves, would be that the wise not ran lacked well.

When I buy a hoya, first thing I do is to change the substrate, which bring I don't like dries fast and it is very hard, it does harm to the roots.

Greetings to all

• aurorawa
    9 years ago

elo, you have some gorgeous plants! Welcome :)!

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus