Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adina_2010

Aleyagarden-envelopes of hoya to Danmark

adina-2010
13 years ago

Hej everyone!

I'm one of those regular people who some years ago "have been bit by the Hoya bug" .You all know the treatment is "more hoya"(pretty expansive!!!)

I'm also a BIG fan of Hoya forum and I enjoy very much your "company".

Of course ,I could not resist getting a few more Hoyas because it was a lot of sunshine here last week.

So I've ordered 10 cuttings from Aleyagarden because I have been "caught" twice (with rooted hoya from another vendor;not lucky customs did open the box !!!!!) followed by a supernasty letter from the Dept of Agriculture.

My 5 envelopes( separate envelopes x 2 the 10 cuttings )of hoyas from Aleyagarden arrived in about 4 days,very well packed,larger than expected,and sooooo fast!

Just wanted everyone to know that I am experimenting with envelopes of hoya,a real good experience ! Thanks all !You are really great!

Comments (16)

• mdahms1979
    13 years ago

That is great news, I had been wondering how the cuttings would travel in the envelopes. I might have to try for myself.
    Thanks for posting your experience.

Mike

• cpawl
    13 years ago

Hi
    5 days is great.I bet your cuttings look good.I also took a chance with 3 cuttings from aleyagarden by the envelope method.They were shipped oct 5th and I got them today.Maybe if it was not a holiday yesterday I might have got them one day earlier.They are still a bit stressed but I hope they make it.If they had been in the mail any longer.I think I would have had a sad out come.
    I'm not sure why, when I get cuttings from Europe they come looking like they were just cut.
    Anyways I will order again come spring with the envelope method.

Cindy

• mdahms1979
    13 years ago

Cindy I ordered two cuttings just as an experiment, glad to hear your arrived in acceptable condition.

Mike

• cpawl
    13 years ago

Thanks Mike I'm happy at how fast they arrived.I just noticed that he sent one wrong cutting.I do hope he will replace this one.Good luck with your 2 new cuttings.

Cindy

• cpawl
    13 years ago

Hi
    This is the answer I got from them sending me the wrong hoya cutting.
    Hello,
    I saw your post in gardenweb I suggest you to copy paste my answer below as I cannot answer directly on the forum ?

I am sorry for naming confusedly on our site'' heuschkeliana red'' this hoya : http://aleyagarden.com/hcutheusr.html that you received and which is undoubtedly more pink than red on the picture at the time this picture was done.
    There are 2 sorts of heuschkeliana as far as we know : pink ( or reddish depending on the conditions of cultivations, age, fertilizer, temperature, altitude, air parameters, probably air pollution etc and more ) and yellow.
    We sell only these 2 sorts of heuschkeliana, yellow and not yellow, and not 3 like red, pink and yellow. Again we are sorry and we will rename it in accordance with the picture.

Kind regards,
    Pascal & Suree Meyer
    So any one thinking that they got a red heuschkeliana.It looks like you have the pink one.

Cindy

• kellyknits
    13 years ago

Have already received 3 cuttings via the envelope and they were fine! Should have more arriving this week. Provided all goes well, it saves a lot of money on shipping!

Kelly

• cpawl
    13 years ago

Hi
    They have offered me a replacement cutting so I have ordered 3 more cuttings.

Cindy

• wrynsmom
    13 years ago

Well, that's crappy! I just got my heuschkeliana "red" from them. I ordered it for RED. I already have two yellow and a pink. Hmmmmmm . . . now I'm REALLY not happy about that!

Carolyn

• cpawl
    13 years ago

Carolyn I feel the same as you.I already have the yellow and pink.I would of ordered something else if I had known.He is offering me a replacement with my next order.I guess we will have to question and make sure of what we order.

Cindy

• wrynsmom
    13 years ago

Very true, Cindy. I'll just pick carefully, next year.

:) The plants are lovely, though!

Carolyn

• greedygh0st
    13 years ago

Awww this red heuschkeliana hiccup made me chuckle and cringe. I was really wondering about that plant! Seemed a little too good to be true. I LOVE heuschkeliana, though, and I'm disappointed! Good luck getting a replacement to both of you.

• wrynsmom
    13 years ago

Yeah, I'm not going to bother contacting them about it. It's still a cute plant. And it's about to bloom. :) I'll just be more careful what I order in the future.

Carolyn

• greedygh0st
    13 years ago

Mmm yes. I'm not much one for fighting these things either. I just added pink to my collection and I am so excited about getting my first blooms.

I'm kind of wishing that since the yellow one smells like buttery popcorn, the pink one would smell like Kettle corn, tho...

• babybuttoneyes
    13 years ago

Maybe you can shed some light, it say's minum $40.00 order, if I do the envelope can I just order 2 or 3 cuttings and not pay the $40.00 minimum? Thank you.

• hoya.la
    13 years ago

What happened is probably that the nursery bought what was named ''heuschkeliana red'' and they realized that the same plant could bring red and pink flowers. So they named red what appears to be pink on the picture of the ordering page. They could have placed a second picture, red this time.
    I remember a similar discussion they had about Hoya lacunosa " Heart Shaped ". The nursery posted a picture showing that the same plant produced heart shaped and non heart shaped leaves, depending probably on the quantity of light. But an expert pointed that Hoya lacunosa " Heart Shaped " was indeed a distinct sort of lacunosa. These discussions could be endless.

• mdahms1979
    13 years ago

I get duplicates every now and then but I just consider them trade material. I just got another cutting of the little yellow flowered species often called Hoya picta, took a chance that it was something else but I will be able to trade or sell that cutting no problem. Hoyas are still so rare in horticulture here that they are easy to find homes for.

Mike

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz