Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
H. pubicalyx 'dragons' forest treasures....

Posted by debbie_ny (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 4, 10 at 9:24

hi! just wondering if anyone out there purchased from joni, re: forest treasures......thoughts??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: H. pubicalyx 'dragons' forest treasures....

I bought 5 of the Forest Treasure hoyas from Joni,2 of those being the black and white dragons. These cuttings left the Philippines almost 3 weeks ago and Joni just got them this past Wednesday I think it was. She shipped mine out on Saturday and I got them today in VERY good condition. Just looking at them you'd never know they have been almost a month cut and in transit now. They are still very green and quite healthy.

David

o

i did, i got a h. blashernaezii cutting, it was in great condition when it arrived, but i winced a bit removing the cotton the few roots were swaddled in, i think i lost a few hairs. she's in the infirmary right now, but i expect a full recovery!

o

i got the 2 dragons and they were in excellent condition! i agree with you David...You would never guess they remained in "custody" for so long! They were very fresh.....Just hoping they make the transcontinental transition well! That cotton was tricky....I didn't think it would be so difficult to remove...I think I lost a root or two...but they seem happy in their new pots...I did soak them overnight in water before potting them....I think they apprecited it.

o

• Posted by geosdee Zone 8 FL Panhandle (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 11, 10 at 12:12

I got the black dragon and a few others, couldn't make up my mind about the white dragon.

Mine are doing rather well and have roots quite well. I did soak them before potting them though.

Dee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here