Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovinglifeinoh

Should I be concerned?

lovinglifeinoh
10 years ago

I just received my first hoya plants, which I purchased online. To my disappointment, two of them have spots on their leaves (please see photos). Pubicalyx Royal Hawaiian Purple has more spots, Carnosa Tricolor has couple spotted leaves. Otherwise they seem to be healthy. Since I am not very experienced, I would appreciate if you could help me out here - should I be concerned? Should I cut these leaves off? Or should I return the plants altogether?

Also, all three hoyas were planted in simple plastic containers. The are little bit "wobbly" in their pots, not firmly planted. The potting soil seems to be quite loose around their roots. Would it be safe to repot them (I would like to repot them in clay pots) or should I leave them alone at least until spring? Or until root-bound?

We used to have a hoya plant in our home when I was growing up. I remember how large it grew on a sunny window and how it bloomed. This memory (and many of your posts here!) made me to want to have my own little hoya collection :) I do want to do things right, though, from the very beginning. Thank you in advance for advice!

Ok, it seems I'm only allowed to post one picture. I'll post Tricolor picture in another post.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Elegant Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
VA & DC's Finest General Contractor