Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few photos

Posted by cpawl (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 18, 10 at 14:01

Hi
I have had this hoya for 2 years.It has had buds many times but they always yellow and fall off. This time 3 buds made it.Not sure if it is cumingiana or not.I also have a noid dischida that is about to open her flowers.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

If anyone knows who I am.I would love to know.

Thanks for looking.

Cindy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few photos

Very cool NOID dischidia. ^_^ I love the way you have it semi-mounted.

Maybe cumingiana is also lovely. Those pedicels are just the perfect length to match the proportions of the leaves. Your plants look happy!

o

Congratulations on the blooms Cindy.
I am not sure if your plant is cummingiana or densifolia but when my Hoya cummingiana flowers it is very sensitive to drying out. Keep your plant in very bright light and keep it moist and it should bloom well. I moved my plant because it go so big and now it does not bloom although it bloomed well when in front of a south window and under two 4 foot fluorescent tubes.

Your Dischidia is really cool, not sure on the species though but Dischidia.com would be a good place to look.

Mike

o

They're both very NICE! Congrats on the blooms...

o

Beautiful Flowers! I love cummingiana! I have one but no blooms yet. It is still young. Did you grow it from a cutting and how long till it bloomed?

Also love the dischidia. I don't know the variety but I wanted to tell you I really like it and how it is growing. They both look very healthy and happy.

Teisa

o

Beautiful plants, especially the dischidia which I believe is D. Camiguin Islands (Philippines).

o

LOVE the dischidia!

Kelly

o

This is one of my hoyas....

Photobucket

o

Beautiful! Where is it growing?

o

GG I live in Brazil which is a tropical country so we grow it outside, we don't need a GH or to bring inside at winter.... if this is what you asked. I have some language problems LOL!!!!!! This hoya is very big, and it is always full of blooms, all year long.

o

Yes, this is indeed exactly what I was curious about. I wasn't sure what Winter was like in Brazil and if you had to bring them in at all. You are very lucky! (And your English is excellent, whereas my Portuguese is non-existent >_<)

o

Hi
Thanks every one for the kind words.
Mike I knew this one liked water but I could not get the watering right.Now I wick the water and it rewarded me with 3 flowers.
Grubworn thanks for the ID.I was hoping that it was camiguin Island.I think I have read that this one has a fragrance.

Cindy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here