Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ok what is Eleanor's VF-11

Posted by stevenwayne 6 sw (jay.bick.bick@gmail.com) on
Wed, Oct 28, 09 at 14:55

i mean i know what it is. i usally don't use any pesticices and all my fert are from my compost do you suggest that i use it ive been ready alot and people seem to swear by it also i have a ton of tropicals wondering if it will hel with those

i also have another question but know piont on doing two post

i bought a hoya kerrii on craigslist and it looked ok it had some black spots ive been watching it i think it is from the water but its starting to look a little worse it started to droop a lil although it is starting to through out buds so i mean it must be ok it is in the tiny pot it cam in i didn't want to change it till sping i mean its already has had some shock so let me know hwat you think on both

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ok what is Eleanor's VF-11

I like VF-11 better than regular fertilizers, so yes, I would recommend it. As for your kerrii, it's hard to say what the problem is. If it's budding up, that doesn't necessarily mean it's ok as it's not uncommon for a failing plant to flower in kind of a last ditch effort to seed and live on that way. If it's drooping, I'd say it's not taking up water, so I would repot it. Kerrii has a pretty hefty root system, so if it's in a tiny pot, it may just need more room.

Denise in Omaha

o

VF-11 is one of the best made plant products on the market today!
Heck yes try it and you will see for yourself. It is especially good for shocked or stressed plants when you trade or buy cuttings. I water with it on newly purchased potted plants too for any stress they might of incurred or have.
Fact being I water with it most every watering on the stable plants too! haha.
Take the plunge!,,,Debbie

o

I don't have any experience with VF-11, but in my knowledge it is not recommended/allowed to fertilize a stressed plant or cutting that don't have any roots.
Usually I don't fertilize any of my hoya's they satisfied with less then many other plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here