Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Been a while..... update on blooms

Posted by rennfl none (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 20, 13 at 15:16

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've been a regular visitor, although I do pop in once in a while. Hope everyone is doing great.

Thought I'd write an update on some first time bloomers I had this summer.

Hoya lobbii
Hoya lobbii IML 1427 photo DSC_0002_zpsb3e40710.jpg

Hoya davidcummingii
Hoya davidcummingii photo hoyadcflowers_zps24fffaba.jpg

Hoya ilagorium (sp?)
Hoya ilagiorum photo iligorflowers_zps85b31052.jpg

Hoya heuschkeliana
Hoya heuschkeliana photo hoyaheus_zpsfa1a8a55.jpg

And the pink version
Hoya heuschkeliana (pink) photo DSC_0010_zps47c4bb49.jpg

Hoya buotii
Hoya buotii photo hoyabuo_zps0710c667.jpg

And finishing up with two views of the 'Plain Jane' publicalyx
Hoya publicalyx 'Plain Jane' photo hoyapg_zps6fff6fce.jpg

Hoya publicalyx 'Plain Jane' photo hoyapubpj_zps9fd762d6.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Renee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Been a while..... update on blooms

Great pics, Jane! I love lobbii flowers. It's a fast and wildly large grower and those beautiful flowers are it's redeeming quality. Davidcummingii was one that did well for me the first couple years and bloomed, but then I lost about 3/4 of it to dehydration. I managed to salvage a small amount, that sat there for about 2 years, and this year,it finally plumped out and actually grew just a bit. I think it will be ok now, so I look forward to those pretty blooms. Yellow and red together is very striking!

I've never heard of the ilagorium - I love those flowers! Is the corolla as orange as it looks in the photo? Can you post a pic of the leaves?

My hueshkeliana (I grow a few) have grown nicely this year, but they didn't want to bloom for some reason. I've bloomed the pink form a few times, but I'm still waiting on the yellow one. My buotti is still young, but has grown a lot this year, too, so hopefully I'll see blooms next year. They're sure pretty!

Now are you calling your pubicalyx Plain Jane or is that actually a cultivar? Because those flowers are a little different than any of the cultivars I grow. Of course, that could just be different growing conditions or lighting. If it is an actual cultivar name, can you post a photo of those leaves as well?

Denise in Omaha

o

Beaufifuf blooms Renee!! My favorite is that H. ilagorium...the colors are so pretty!

My Caudata is blooming for the second time this summer/fall...this has been a very rare bloomer for me so its nice to see it twice in several weeks...

o

Another shot...

o

Hi!

Beautiful blooms!! I love the Ilagorium!! Those are really special!! I love that color combination. I also really like Lobbi!! That color is so deep!! Thanks for sharing !!!

o

Denise, thanks for the comments... I've been growing davidcummingii in S/H, and it seems to be thriving. It actually has 5 penduncles on a still small plant, but I have to admit I love these flowers.

And yes the flowers on ilagorium are as orange as the picture shows, maybe a little deeper orange in person. For the leaves, here is a link to pictures.

http://www.orchidsnhoyas.blogspot.com/2013/10/first-time-blooming-hoyas.html

As for 'Plain Jane' it is not a registered cultivar, so I am breaking the rules calling it that, but it is different enough that I had to call it something, so....

As for the leaves, here is a link.

http://www.orchidsnhoyas.blogspot.com/2013/10/hoya-publicalyx.html

Pug, your Caudata is gorgeous, I had a cutting that was growing nicely and my cat ate it. The whole complete thing! So I am so very jealous of you and those gorgeous flowers. With my move, I didn't acquire any new Hoyas this summer, but come spring, Caudata is at the top of my list.

Teisa, thank you for the kind words!

Renee

o

Renee,

I was just given H. RHP seeds. I was thinking I saw where you planted seeds once in moss. I had ALOT of seeds. I planted 3 trays in soil and 2 in moss. Can you please advise me what/when you did with the ones growing in moss? I think you planned to grow them S/H. But I need advice on when you converted them. Thank you for advice!!!

P.s. I started a thread below titled "RHP Seed Growing"

o

Hi Teisa, Good luck with your little seedlings...hopefully Renee will see this post and give you some advise! I don't grow them so I have no advise for you...

I saw your thread on the seedlings, they are SO cute...hope they grow well for you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here