Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Going Bananas!!

Posted by adaorand UpstateNY (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 8, 13 at 15:47

Actually, trying bananas to add their nutrients to some cuttings I'm rooting. Knowing that the peels are good for roses, a bit of googling led me to a Jerry Baker site (remember him from 70's TV?). So ....

I set up a mini terrarium in a candle jar, placing a junk of over-ripe banana between the layer of sphagnum and the soil, then inserted a couple of carnosa cuttings (with just the little root bumps) from a vine I had accidentally broken. It is now atop my fridge at about 74-75F and seven feet from a southeast window.

I'll post on progress, and if I ever master adding pix with Windows 8, I'll add those, too. Wish me luck with both!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Going Bananas!!

I've never heard of adding banana peels to rooting cuttings. Please let us know how it works and how you did it...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here