Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gwannouncements

GardenWeb needs your feedback!

gwannouncements
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed, we've been sprucing up the site a bit. Among other things, we've added new ways to upload photos and email notifications of post replies. We are still cleaning out cobwebs and weeding some areas of the site, but we are also working on some bigger projects like a better search engine (yay!) and a mobile app. We'd also like to get some feedback from you. What enhancements or additions would you like to see? What do you love? What do you hate? Think big and small!

We can't promise the moon, but please know that we will read and consider every one of your ideas and suggestions. We appreciate your loyalty and dedication to our site and we know how important your community is to you. Help us make it even better!

Please use this post to offer your feedback. But, as always, you are welcome to contact me directly by clicking on my profile page.

Best regards,

Tamara Amey

GardenWeb Community Manager

Comments (5)

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

Hi Tamara,

Thanks for all your hard work. :)

This topic actually came up around here recently.

Personally, I would be most interested in the ability to edit/delete one's posts after submitting them. Even for a limited period (aka 15m).

I enjoy the basic style of the forum and the fact that there's no interference with using basic code to insert links pictures and formatting. Nothing gets wonky, even simple polls.

I also really like the way it's laid out simply. I find forums where you can respond to individual posts and have it appear right below that post, instead of at the bottom of the thread, very hard to navigate. It would be great if there was a link next to the thread topic that took you straight to the last post, though!

I also personally think it would be nice to have sub-forums that all appeared on the same page instead of on separate tabs. People often don't even see the trade sub-forum. Or don't like posting in it because other people forget to look there, and they get more of a response in the main forum. It would be nice to have a Sticky section, too, so we could post some general guides and not answer the same questions over and over again. Also, do you have posted somewhere the reason why international growers can't post trade requests? :)

That's all I can think of now. Good luck with the renovations and thanks for the space. :)

• cpawl
    11 years ago

I really like to be able to load more than one photo at a time from my computer.
    I hate having to take the extra step to load them onto a host photo site.
    Thanks for asking for are input.

Cindy

• emt23
    11 years ago

Easier to find member page links for basic info changes and editing our lists. Delete duplicate postings easier.

• PRO
    SRQHoyas
    11 years ago

Hi Tamara,
    I would like the option that would take me to the last unread post...as Cubits offers. That way I do not waste time glancing through the threads that I have already enjoyed.

• gwannouncements
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi everyone!

You asked and we listened. Today we are very excited to be debuting our newest feature -- post editing! To use this feature, go back to the post you wish to correct and you'll find the link under the 'My Clippings' links on the right side of the page.

I want to give a special shout out to all the testers who tried to break the editing tool. ;) Your feedback was insightful and invaluable. Thank you!

You may have also noticed that we adjusted the login cookie awhile back so that you should not have to login repeatedly.

Stay tuned -- we have more cool things in the works!

As always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best regards,
    Tamara

Sponsored