Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Next time you wish to live in Florida...

Posted by Aggie2 10a (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 20, 13 at 17:01

So, next time you feel it would be nice to live in Florida, hoyas would be so happy there remember this picture!

Just to clarify, this carnosa is hanging on the wall on the patio 3 feet away from the door! Not somewhere in the backyard, on the tree. Whole idea that garden snake used my plant as convenient spot to shed it's skin is freaking me out!
Happy growing to all!

Aggie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Next time you wish to live in Florida...

Wow, that's kinda cool! I'm not bothered by snakes, but if I reached into a plant to groom it or water it and one popped it's head out, it could freak me out! LOL! And I do imagine down there, you have a few that are poisonous. The only poisonous ones we have up here are rattlesnakes, and you don't see those except in very rural areas. Garter snakes and bullsnakes are about all you ever see in the city and they're pretty harmless...

I especially like the eyeballs peering out from the middle of the plant! A great C-R-E-E-P-Y Halloween pic!

Denise in Omaha

o

That is gross. I have NO desire to live in Florida, ha ha. It is way to hot for me and your snake freaks me out. Not sure who I could round up to get that out of my pot. I wonder how long it was in there before it left you its present? YUK

o

@Denise,
We have few poisonous species, but mostly out in Everglades away from the city. None less I had a chance to freak out many times, they can pretend to be rattlesnakes, shaking they tails and if any dry leaves touch it it makes same noises, or finding company while swimming in the pool!

@Ladylotus,
Have no clue how long it takes, but I'm really happy I missed it! Kind of used to finding shed skins in the backyard, although never so close to the house! Not very happy about it!

o

OMG!! I hate snakes...and I live in FL too! I too would be completely freaked out! Glad you never saw who it belonged to :o)

Thanks for sharing...now I'll be more careful before I water my Hoyas outside,lol...

o

Hate, hate hate snakes. Was moving benches around the other day to adjust for the changes in the sun, and as I bent down to grab a bench, a black snake popped out. Well it's been three days and I still haven't moved that bench lol.

Renee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here