Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some pics

Posted by brsucculents 9a (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 5, 13 at 18:15

Just thought I would post some pics of flowers open this week.

H. elliptica

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some pics

H. erythrostemma

o

H. pubicalyx
not the best pic of the umbel.

o

The following pics are from earlier in the Summer.
This is a better pic of H. pubicalyx.

o

H. cagayanensis

o

H. finlaysonii
I wasn't too crazy about this plant when I first got it. It was part of a collection. But now I now appreciate the leaves when the Milkweed bugs haven't scared them (I think it's Milkweed bugs but not positive). The scent is one of my favorites... very spicy.

o

H. imperalis
Not the best color. I believe the white form would be nice. This was the first time to bloom after blasting in the Fall last year and again this Spring. It had 4 umbels of 10 flowers each. An impressive display.

o

H. weibergii
In the pottsii complex. Nice white flower and pretty leaves with their pink splash.

o

Very nice photos. My favorite of the blooms is the H. finlaysonii. Thank you for sharing.

o

Beautiful pictures!! You have quite a nice collection of Hoya blooms. Thanks for posting!!

o

Thank you. You are very kind.
Randy

o

Wow! You have a GoRgeous Collection! Thank you for sharing!!

o

Your plants are lovely. I got a hoya carnosa last summer but it hasn't bloom yet. Hope it will next summer.

o

Mine too Eliana! I got 2 of them in 4-5 in. Dixie style cups and put them both in a bigger pot. Although they never bloomed they did quadruple in size and flower pods came up. I'm wondering if it will flower this year after setting the pods last year? I did a big no no last year and had it in direct sunlight and although it excelled in size the leaves were dull and it never produced flowers. This year I'll slowly move it outside in the spring and then leave it in the shade while it's nice and warm out here in NC! Happy planting!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here