Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dmichael619

Hoya Eye Candy!!!!!

dmichael619
14 years ago

I'm not exactly sure if i'm doing this right but i'm going to try to attach 5 pics at a time to each posting here.

Comments (31)

• dmichael619
    Original Author
    14 years ago

not exactly how I had hoped it would work but hey,the pics showed up!!!!

• dmichael619
    Original Author
    14 years ago

• dmichael619
    Original Author
    14 years ago

• dmichael619
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Okay, I think this will be it for today!!!! Hope everyone enjoys seeing my hoyas. I've only been trying to figure out how to share pictures on this site for about 3 years now!!!

• generator_00
    14 years ago

Good job dmicheal, you are almost as good at posting pictures now as you are at growing hoyas. Those are some really, really nice pictures.

• dmichael619
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Generator. Would you believe that not so long ago I had no idea how to take a picture and was absolutely terrified of my camera!! It hung on the doorknob for well over 2 years before I got up the nerve to take it outside and experiment with it.Now I seldom go out to the gh without it!!

• wrynsmom
    14 years ago

When you post your pics, you might try

pasting one code per line

and the next code on the next

and so on

and so forth

rather than running them all together when you run them all together you have to scroll to the right to see all the pictures it's a pain on my computer to keep scrolling

But BEAUTIFUL blooms!!!

Carolyn

• dmichael619
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hoya arnottiana

hoya blashernaezii

hoya buotii

hoya cv. Noelle covered in sugar ants!!

hoya diversifolia ssp. El-Nidicus from Paul Shirley

• dmichael619
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hoya dolicosparte

hoya glabra

hoya heuschkeliana pink form

hoya incrassata

hoya merrillii

• golden_ca_2000
    14 years ago

Very nice hoyas - Im also really glad you posted a few names of some of them. I wanted to know the name of hoya arnottiana - but you posted it again - lower down - so that answers that. Now if only I knew the name of one of the other one. I see Kerri, then I think Numm. and then????? the purple one there? Do you know the name of that one? Very nice again!

• dmichael619
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hoya obovata

hoya pusilla

hoya cinnimomifolia ssp. purpureo-fusca

hoya samoensis

hoya sp. Sumatra-IML 1198

• puglvr1
    14 years ago

Stunning Hoya blooms...I am so jealous!! Your greenhouse must smell amazing or is it a little overpowering with all the different scents all at one time,lol? Thinking you might get a little light headed at times...but what a way to go. Either way thanks so much for the eye candy :o)

Gorgeous Pictures!!

• golden_ca_2000
    14 years ago

Sorry one more question. What is the name of the 3rd from the left (very first photos you posted) the side by side ones.) I really like that one.

• dmichael619
    Original Author
    14 years ago

SORRY!!! I wasn't sure how to affix a name to the pic to begin with but have since figured it out. For anyone who might be interested in knowing the names of those hoyas in my initial postings #'s 1-4 here they are. The names are in order as to how the pictures are line up

#1-sp. Philippines IML 09831
    waymaniae
    rigida IML 1424
    praetorii
    multiflora

#2-mindorensis
    mindorensis in the process of opening
    lobbii orange flowering form
    latifolia IML 88
    clemensiorum

#3-kerrii
    kanyakumariana
    sp. Sulawesii GPS 8865
    heuschkeliana yellow form
    campanulata

#4-acuta IML 0079
    vitellina IML 1384
    sp. Flat Stem

• dmichael619
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Pug at the moment about 99% of my hoyas are outside under the shade house which I will post pics of tomorrow. I seldom notice the fragrance when they are outside unless I stick my nose right into the flowers but when they are blooming in the gh especially during the winter /early spring months,yes it can be extremely overpowering!! particularly when some of the acuta clan starts blooming!!

• PRO
    Jan Sword-Rossman Realty 239-470-6061
    14 years ago

Love them all!!!! beautiful photos!!!

• wrynsmom
    14 years ago

All of your photos are absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.

Carolyn

• cldheath44
    14 years ago

Beautiful, David! Thanks for sharing!

Christine

• maidinmontana
    14 years ago

Hi David, what beautiful pictures and hoyas you have. And as usual, some I have never even heard of. Thanks for posting the names as well.

FYI, when you are uploading in Photobucket, you can choose what size you want your pictures to be. Click on "uploads/albums' (upper left hand corner of your home page) When this page opens, there will be a small 'more options' button below the upload box. From there you can select what size you want your uploads to be. If you choose the medium size, the pics fit nicely on this page.

You may have already figured this out, either way you are sharing some nice pics with everyone, and thanks.

Maid~

• moonwolf_gw
    14 years ago

Hi Michael,

Those are very nice blooms! I'm with Maid on there are ones I never heard of.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• mdahms1979
    14 years ago

Great photos! I am always most impressed with the ones I don't yet have, it's like looking at a Hoya catalog. LOL
    Your Hoya rigida is just gorgeous, wait all your Hoyas are gorgeous. Thanks for posting your photos.

Mike

• treelover3
    14 years ago

Hey Michael,
    Outstanding photos, as always.

Is there an extra "9" in the IML number of the first hoya pictured? I think that plant s/b IML 0831 rather than 09831. Correct? If so, then I have the plant - yeah! If not, then I need to buy it! (:o)
    Thanks,
    Mike

• okie_deb
    14 years ago

Goodness everything is bloomin' their fool heads off at your house! Way to go with the great growing!
    I keep looking at my kanyakumariana and hoping to see spurs forming year after year but nope. Any hints you can give me on what she needs to get flowers?
    Loved the sugar ants picture. Proves how sweet the nector is on these Hoya's!
    Thanks for sharing your bit of sunshine on a dreary cloudy day here in OK.!,,,,Debbie

• gabro14
    14 years ago

Wow...gorgeous pictures Dmichael!

I know you said you just recently learned how to post pics on here (both on this thread and on the thread where we post pictures of ourselves).

Are there 2 people named "Dmichael619" on here? That would be so strange. The other one (who posted pics on here over a year ago) has gorgeous hoyas too. Here's a link to the thread where his pics are - maybe you even know each other!!

Thanks for sharing :)

Gabi

Here is a link that might be useful: Dmichael #2

• dmichael619
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the nice compliments everyone!!!

Golden, the answer to your question in regards to the 3rd hoya in the 1st pic,it's hoya rigida IML 1424 and I have plenty to share of it!!! That pic was taken before the flowers reflexed.

Maid, thank you very much for that bit of info on how to re size the pics. I myself thought they were HUGE!!!

Mike, seems like I did manage to slip a 9 in there that shouldn't have been . The correct IMl is 0831.

Debbie, all of those hoyas are not currently in bloom. These are pics that have all been taken at some point this blooming season. I do still have a lot of hoyas in bloom right now though and many more that still have buds on them that have not opened yet. For instance ,hoyas thomsonii,sp. Kumning Kina and linearis are all loaded with buds and they will all be first time bloomers for me.

Gabi ,we do know each other!! we're the same person. I had totally forgotten about photo bucket and me posting pics on here one time before. I have a new computer and did not save all of my faves from the old one,photo bucket being one of those. Someone mentioned the name earlier and then it came back to me that I once had an account there. I had forgotten how to attach the pictures though. I used to being able to just click on "browse" and insert a photo. So yes the link that you posted does lead to photos taken and posted by me. I happen to be a chronic sufferer of "CRS" !!!!! so that helps explain why I didn't remember posting photos here before!

• golden_ca_2000
    14 years ago

Well you definitely have alot of gorgeous gorgeous plants! I wish I could share with you. Unfortunately at this time my plants are very small. I was lucky enough to take part in the David Liddle order and will definitely cherish those hoyas. Now I just enjoy watching them grow :0) And I am excited to see my first flowers forming. Anyways I enjoy seeing your photos - so keep them coming! :0)

• fairona
    12 years ago

dmichael619 - In your second post, what is the name of the 4th one down (looks like a white globe). Pretty!

• eileen44_gardener
    12 years ago

David... they are incredibly beautiful... there were several that I loved especially, but early on in the collection, the one whose blooms look like little white flying creatures with yellow tails..or wings!... what is that... so very lovely!.. Thanks for sharing all those pics... wonderful! Eileen

• dmichael619
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Fairona,

The hoya that you are asking about is H. latifolia IML 088. It has "GIANT" leaves and the flower clusters are nearly the size of a baseball. My experience with it has been that the plant tends to send out very long bare vines that seldom produce any new leaves and only a few when they do. It's an easy plant to care for and blooms fairly early and often once it becomes established.

Eileen, I believe the flower that yo are asking about is either javanica or multiflora,not 100% sure which,but it is one or the other!!!

• lalla62
    12 years ago

oooooo!!!!

fantastic flowers!!!!!

i love hoya glabra's flower!!!!! i hope for mine!!!!!!

congrats!!!!

grazia.

• Ament
    12 years ago

All Gorgeous Hoyas!

Thank you for cheering my day up Michael.

I've needed it desperately. =( Wish we had Smell-O-Vision on these pcs! lol

And, I know all about CRS! LOL Fibromyalgia aides in that malady. Haha!

~Tina