Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sugi_c

One of these things is not like the other...

I was doing the dishes when I got the sense that something moved in front of me, though I was looking at the sink.

I look up and see nothing...so I go back to the dishes. Within 10 seconds, I'm sure, again, that something is amiss.

It took me awhile, but as you can see, one of these things is not like the other.

God, it takes every ounce of my being to tolerate insects. I have what I know is an irrational distaste (hatred? fear? loathing?) of anything that can be classified as a bug. Heck, anything with more than four legs is just not reasonable within my world. Unlike other things, knowing and accepting that it's irrational is really not doing much...

It's not that I want them dead -- I just want all bugs out of my way and totally out of sight. They make me all itchy -- just the sight of them -- and then I start picturing it jumping at me.

But with the enormous -- and I MEAN ENORMOUS -- spider population I have on my property, I'll take help from wherever I can get it. And from what I've read...this is one of the best predators of spiders, or anything else, even each other.

Now it's sitting in my basil cuttings...waiting. It sure did find the right plants that helps it to camouflage itself.

Incidentally - the hoya in the photo (which i may now never touch again, lol) is out of control. Where do you guys get the inspiration for how to shape it? I've let it loose for the time being because I'm drawing a complete blank. I realize I should do something with it soon before it gets completely stiff -- but have no idea what to do!

Comment (1)