Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alba_gardener

I'm back...

alba_gardener
12 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Got back on Saturday from my trip to Italy and Spain, it was great, but it's so good to be back home! I had left all of my hoyas outside under a tent and all was well until last week. Apparently it rained and it was super windy, the wind ripped the tarp and the tent fell on top of the tables where the Hoyas were. Some of the hoyas were crushed, but it doesn't seem to be too bad...And here I was so worried that my hoyas wouldn't get enough water, instead they got a whole lot of tent!

Good to be back home, but I miss my BoomBoom whom I had to put to sleep a week before I left...She was 14 yrs old and suddenly couldn't walk. Funny how a little dog can leave such big whole in my heart...

Alba in Hawthorne

Comments (8)

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

Hi Alba! Welcome back...you've been missed! I am so very sorry you lost your dog! She lived a very long time and I'm sure she had a wonderful life to share with you. They sure do leave a big whole in our hearts when they leave don't they. My thoughts are with you...dogs become a part of our family so quickly. Hang in there.

Oh goodness...I'm glad your hoyas survived the tent accident...happy to hear they weren't too damaged.

Your trip sounds exciting and I'm sure you had a fabulous time.

• gennykins
    12 years ago

Alba,

I am so sorry to hear about your BoomBoom (and your hoyas). My seven pound Genny is 10 years old and I realize every year from now on is a gift. Hang in there - perhaps a new furry friend will find its way into your heart.

Lisa

• Ament
    12 years ago

Ouch! Sorry about your pet, I know how tough that is. I've just learned my Dane has hip dysplasia. Not pleasant at all. Hopefully you'll find another to fill your life soon! I tried to go without a pet, managed 9 months. Couldn't go any longer than that. :D Just got to have my fur babies.

Glad your hoyas are doing alright too, trips can be misery when you come back and things are a disaster. Search for my recent trip and you'll understand that one! LOL Trip from He!! Haha! Glad to be home was the feeling. :)

~Tina

• lalla62
    12 years ago

hi alba, what have you seen in italy???
    where have you been??

for your boom boom:i am sure that they are waiting for us in the other side....

i hope you understand me...

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

Hi Alba,

I'm really sorry about Boomboom, which I had the pleasure to meet!

I sent you emails but didn't get any answer, but I know you were too busy travelling.

Only two hoyas didn't make after arriving in Brazil (very sad) sulawesi and fishtail, I tried everything but I think it was too hot here for them!

So how was your trip? Did you find any hoyas there?

I also had a great time in LA and probably will go back next year to see my aunt again, hope next time we'll be able to expend at least a day together to talk, talk and talk.

I miss you here, so welcome back.

Mitzi from Brazil.

• dmichael619
    12 years ago

Hi Alba,
    glad to hear that you enjoyed the trip but yes it is always good to be back home!!!! If I stay away for more than a week I tend to get homesick really fast!!!! of course my plants and pets may have something to do with that!!!

Yesterday we had to have my grandmas 17 year old cat (Ms. Kitty) put to sleep.My G-ma is 91 and in a nursing home at the moment for rehab due to a broken leg ( hopefully will be back home by the months end though). She doesn't know about the cat and i'm not sure if we should tell her or not. The cat had lost control of her body and was in very poor health so I know it was the humane thing to do but I do wish that grandma could have at least seen her just once more before she crossed the rainbow bridge.

• moonwolf_gw
    12 years ago

Hi Alba,

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about BoomBoom :(. I don't have any pets of my own but it hurts me to even lose a plant. At least your hoyas are recovering well :). Glad you enjoyed your trip to Spain and Italy.

Plants and animals are very healing creatures, I believe. It pays to keep in touch with nature.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• ima_digger
    12 years ago

Hi Alba,
    Glad you enjoyed your trip, and are now back home. I'm sorry to hear about your dog. It's hard to have to 'put down' a beloved pet. We've had to do that a few times. Be consoled that they are 'Over the Rainbow Bridge' with no pain, not a care in the world, and many friends to romp and
    play with. You'll have to post some pictures of your trip.