Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hoya Tsangii

Posted by poohbearlvr S.Fla ,Z10 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 11, 13 at 20:38

Hi All. Does anyone know where to get this hoya? I have searched and searched for it. I'll even go as low as cuttings, if I can't get a plant. I miss the smell of hot melted butter,from the flowers. Thats what it smells like to me:). I actually got my last one, that lived for several years, at Wal-Mart !!! For like $8.85 in a 10in hanging backet. I keep going back there and get many different kinds of hoyas that i always find online for very high prices. At Wal-Mart, they are in these big baskets and less than $10! They dont know what they have in stock:).

But no Tsangii since I got my first and only one years back. So...anyone know of a source of this hoya? I would love a growing plant, but would settle for cuttings. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hoya Tsangii

I'm sure it was an EA plant (Walmart) which means it wasn't the true tsangii but DS-70. I can send you some cuttings for postage. E-mail me through GW if you're interested.

Denise in Omaha

o

Denise in Omaha. Well thank you for the offer. IF the plant you have ,has small flowers on it, and the ysmell like hot melted butter poured over popcorn,at night. I would be thrilled to pay for cuttings of it. I dont know how to contact you through the gardenweb, to get your address t oget them. The message I got in my email box doesnt have your address on it. So if you know how to tell me to contact you, I would be thrilled. Does it smell like hot melted butter. THAT is why I want it. It is a very odd aroma for a hoya. Thank you.

o

Hi Pooh,

Many of us know this Hoya, yes I too recall that smell. That's a nice little Hoya, I still have some of it, we call it DS 70/Tsangii.

I wondered if Denise might be able to help you w/ this.

As to sending her message, just pls. send the message, YOU don't need to have her address. Clicking on the parenthesed portion next to her name & then the option to send her an EMail; GW has her address & they'll handle that part.

Hiya Denise, Hey bud (waving attcha) some of my Hoyas from you are in new growth like my Ds 70/Tsangii!

Happy Hoyas everybody!

o

Gardino's Nursery normally carries but I just checked and they are sold out...email or call them and they will put you on a waiting list if you want to wait for a rooted plant.Or take Denise's generous offer :o)

I too have this Hoya (DS-70)...the true Tsangii has yellow blooms and the leaves are different as well. Mine does not smell like buttered popcorn though :o(

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardino's Nursery

o

Pooh,

Where are you in s.Florida? I have DS70 in Miami, I can share cutting from mine adjusted to Florida heat no problem!

Aggie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here