Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Canosa with peduncles

Posted by ladylotus Z3/4 ND (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 20, 13 at 21:41

I have had this Hoya for years. I started it with a really tiny plant. It has grown fairly large and the plant reaches across the rafter of my greenhouse. I believe it is a Carnosa but don't know which variety. Does anyone know?

Well, it has tons of peduncles on it and has had them on for weeks since I noticed. Since they are in my greenhouse and the temps will go down to 45 deg F. Will the peduncles survive and bloom in these temps?

Here is my plant.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Canosa with peduncles

Here is a photo of one of the peduncles.

o

Most Hoyas will be ok at 45, but they won't be happy enough to bloom. I try to keep my GH at or slightly below 60 once it gets cold. At those temps, it may still bloom for you this fall. Or it may wait until spring. Either way, you can expect blooms soon. Congrats!

Denise in Omaha

o

Holy catz, my husband would have a coronary if I heated my greenhouse beyond 45 deg. It would just cost too much money to do that. Would be so nice though.

Thank you for the information.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here