Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
H. lobbii blooms have opened and boy...

Posted by denise 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 21, 10 at 22:42

...are they pretty! So here's the progression: buds...
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
They look light pink, don't they. Well, surprise - starting to open...
Ok, so the corolla still looks kind of medium pink, right? Surprise again - open flowers...
The corolla now looks close to true red and the corona is a deep burgundy. My nose detects no scent, but I'm loving the colors.

Denise in Omaha

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: H. lobbii blooms have opened and boy...

Beautiful! My lobbii is getting ready to bloom for the first time also ;0)

o

I had expected the flowers to be a lighter colour as well, turned out very nice though.
Congratulations on the blooms Denise.

Mike

o

I just love the way they look when they are just starting to open. Nice pictures.

o

WOW Denise, that is SOOO pretty! I guess thats going to be on my list!

o

Hello Denise. Congratulations for your beautiful Lobi, it's fantastic. I already bought two times, but she not survives.

o

It is a beautiful shade of red. I'll have to add this one to my wishlist.

o

I think my husband might freak if I brought home another plant....but I got rid of two this week, so maybe I can get away with it.

This one has the most gorgeous blooms!

o

Very pretty Denise! Love the colors...congrats!

o

Thanks to all. It certainly is extraordinary. I've been a little put off by the plant's meandering habit, but after seeing the flowers, I think it's worth keeping around!

Denise in Omaha

o

Congrats on the blooms Denise!!!! The lobbii flowers are really pretty but as you said the plant the plant does sort of have that meandering habit!!! It wouldn't be so bad if they grew out and then down but it sort of wants to retain that umbrella shape.

As for the buds being pink on the outside and then opening up to reveal the true color,my experience with the clones of lobbii that I have had to bloom thus far,that seems to be the norm. The flowers last for a decent period of time as well.

David

o

Wow! Really love those blooms! I have two - one of which has had a peduncle for well over a year and it's done nothing! The other one threw out 3 peduncles this year, yet nothing as well.

What kind of conditions is yours kept in?

Kelly

o

Hi Kelly,

Like polyneura, mine has those little inactive peduncles, too. Mine decided to actually grow and bud up (just this one so far, mind you) when I moved it from the GH into my kitchen - from warmer & more sun, to cooler and shadier. I don't know if it was the change of conditions or if it was just its time.

Denise in Omaha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here