Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ament1970

Can anyone ID this one?

Ament
12 years ago

Heyas Guys & Gals,

DH bought me 3 hoyas today from Lowes, a Hoya wayetti, a Hoya bilobata DS-70 and this third one was tagged as a wayetti also, but I knew it couldn't be... so here's a pic of it.

Thanks for looking!

~Tina

Comments (5)

• patrick51
    12 years ago

Tina...it looks like H. lacunosa 'Sno Caps' to me. If so, you'll love this one...the best blooming lacunosa I have...often with over 50 blooms at a time. Don't let it dry out. Fondly, Patrick

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

Congratulations on the new plants Tina. The plant in the photo is Hoya lacunosa, looks like the variety called Snow Caps. Hoya DS-70 and Hoya bilobata are two different species but the one you got will be DS-70 as bilobata is not available from the commercial growers that supply the Big Box stores.

Mike

• Ament
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you both! I knew it wasn't a wayetti, but the other I have, by looking at images online of a wayetti I think it is. Tomorrow I will take photos of all of my newer ones and post them.

I also figured they goofed on the bilobata/DS-70, which means I have two of the DS-70 now I think... Ah well, no big deal. :) Just gives me one I can trade with a dear lady who lives across town who inherited a hoya that I don't have and want cuts of. LoL

~Tina

• eileen44_gardener
    12 years ago

Tina... Your new Hoya lacunosa is beautiful; I am thrilled to say the one I purchased about 2 mos ago from Joni is doing very well... smaller than your lovely there (younger!)but those beautiful leaves... mine was ordered as a 'Snow Caps' (being here in Vermont) and that is what it is tagged, so from Joni I'm sure it is what it says!

I have to share that my collection is growing ...leaps and bounds... I purchased from HD this past w/e (they are both EA plants) one marked Hoya 'wayetti' and the other is a Dischidia 'Geri' (so the tag says..and the one I left behind (ugggghhhhh!) was tagged as Dischidia 'pebble beach'. I don't know anything about either of the plants...they are beautiful and the one left behind.. gorgeous... just couldn't buy all 3 !.. maybe it will be marked down next week!... I will run out of space in my new apartment at the rate I'm going... I just love them... now to get them to bloom!... your collection seems to be increasing rather fast as well...though don't remember all of what you had... been away from the forum.... setting up my new home!... thanks for the great pic!.. Eileen

• Ament
    Original Author
    12 years ago

LoL Eileen!

You and I are in a bad way huh? My MIL is going to hate coming over. She's going to feel over ran by plants! You all won't believe what she said once...

"You have too many plants! They take all the oxygen out of the air you know..."

I swear it! She said that... I nearly went bug eyed when she did. And of course, the next time she came over, there were four more house plants! *giggles*

Eileen, I currently have 7 or 8 different Hoya, but also 4 repeats too. As I ended up with two KP and am in the middle of 3 newly started ones, a few weeks ago. :) So I can gift them to friends who live here locally.

Congrats on your new hoyas as well Eileen and hopefully things are settling down for you! I've a new conifer I planted today, well, the 20th. So click the hoya and go ~Tina

Sponsored