Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pachychlada

Posted by alba_gardener (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 8, 12 at 23:38

Hi Guys,
I also received some baby (3)Pachychlada's from Sue.
But I haven't been so lucky at keeping them alive. I have one survivor and it's not looking good. I tried so many different ways to keep her alive but it's looking bad. She only has two leaves and one is already shriveling up. I saw some of the pictures some of you posted Wow I couldn't believe how beautiful your Pachychlada's are What happened to mine?
alba in Hawthorne,CA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pachychlada

Are you saying they were seedlings, or did you root cuttings? If seedlings, I can't help you because very young seedlings, for me, are hard to grow. I can't honestly say I've every had a young seedling make it. But if you're talking a cutting, I'd uproot it and see what's going on with the roots. Please give us more info...

Denise in Omaha

o

Alba you need to give more useful info when asking a question, otherwise we can't really help you.
How did you treat the seedlings? Water and light are the two biggest factors. Small plants or seedlings need more water than an established plant would. Good strong light but not direct sun so that they don't burn. You want to be sure they have enough light or they will be weak and more likely to be damaged.

Mike

o

Denise,
Sue sent me 3 baby plants with roots. You know, I didn't even think to take a look at the roots to see what might be going on...thanks, going to do that right now! Thanks.

@ Mike, Sorry I wasn't clear. They were 3 very small baby Pachychlada plants. Two died a few weeks after I received them and the last one is on it's last leaf.. I tried everything you mentioned... I wonder if I used the wrong soil mixture? I potted them in the same hoya mixture that I use for all my other hoyas (perlite/orchid bark mixed in regular potting soil. Was that my mistake?
I'm going to do what Denise suggested and take the plant out of the pot and check her roots...
Thanks, Denise and Mike for offering your help and advice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here