mitzicos

New cuts arrived

mitzicos
13 years ago

I'm very glad because my new cuts arrived today:

Comments (31)

• puglvr1
    13 years ago

Wow Mitzi...Congrats!! NICE cuttings you have there, looks like they arrived very nice and healthy too! Enjoy and good luck growing them.

• mitzicos
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Pu,

Thank you for your wish!
    They only took 5 days to arrive from Florida!!!!
    I'm very glad, and already choosing another cuts!!!!

• mdahms1979
    13 years ago

Those look very healthy, looks like you have at least two good sources for cuttings now.

Mike

• mitzicos
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes Mike, two good sources!
    I was very luck this time, the priority delivery went straight to the custom, but the packge was release without any inspection!!!!! Luck me!

• PRO
    Jan Sword-Rossman Realty 239-470-6061
    13 years ago

Great cuttings! only 5 days? wow!

• greedygh0st
    13 years ago

Congratulations! Glad you got a lucky break on this package. They look great! I bet they'll be amazing in a few years.

• golden_ca_2000
    13 years ago

What is the name of the hoya in the 1st photo - on the very bottom left... the small leafed hoya?

• mitzicos
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm not sure if you are talking about cumingiana or lacunosa sno cap!!!!

• golden_ca_2000
    13 years ago

Oh no - I definitely know lacunosa snow cap -that one I have been looking for - for a long time... but no - I guess you just answered my question .... cumingiana... Thanks, I just thought it looked very nice and I will look into that one! thank you! :0)

• mitzicos
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I wonder to know where the cuts from PS are at this moment!!!! He shipped on Nov 9, no track number, it drives me crazy!!!!! Getting closer to Christmas is also another problem, post office is very busy and unregistered mails should take longer than ever!!!!!!

• mitzicos
    Original Author
    13 years ago

My new cuts arrived yesterday!
    After 23 days travelling they arrived well!
    I only missed one cut, it was hoya kerri!
    I'll post pix later.

• mitzicos
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here are my new hoyas

• mitzicos
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Link is not working!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://s1024.photobucket.com/albums/y307/mitzicos/New%20hoyas/

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    13 years ago

Nice cuts! :)

Josh

• cpawl
    13 years ago

Hi
    I'm happy for you that you got your PS cuts:)They still look good after the long time in transit.Do you have any more cuts coming?

Cindy

• greedygh0st
    13 years ago

How lovely that they arrived well after so much travel. Despite all the obstacles, you are managing to assemble quite a collection! Which is your favorite of the new arrivals?

• mitzicos
    Original Author
    13 years ago

@cpawl

Yes, I ordered new cuts (13) and I'm waiting their arrival, it is complicated because at Christmas time post office will be very busy, I should not order this time of the year but could not wait!

@gg

I have no favorites yet, I must wait till the flowers come to see each one will be special to me.

This time I ordered 13 cuts and I'm really afraid if they will be released from custom at this time, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

These are my new acquisitions:

> Chlorantha
    > Calcyna
    > Eriostema cv ruthie
    > Dimorpha
    > DS-70
    > Hoya CV Joy
    > Megalaster
    > Buotti
    > Eriostema ciliata
    > Hoya CV sunrise
    > Hoya pottsii coopers creek
    > Hawaian purple
    > R�gida

• soniarj
    13 years ago

Good luck friend, for your new purchase!
    sonia polonio

• mitzicos
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm happy to share with all of you my new cuts, they arrived yesterday and look really nice, thin stem never survive the long trip.

This one I potted with a dead one, hoping that the dead one survive LOL

• cpawl
    13 years ago

Looks like you are getting a nice selection of hoyas.Its nice when they arrive healthy enough for you to give them a chance to grow.

Cindy

• ladygreensleeves
    13 years ago

Good luck with your new arrivals!You have a great collection started.So sorry the one didn't make it.I've learned the hard way too to not order the thin stemmed or thin leafed ones....they are the ones that just don't travel well. If I can those are the one's I set up trades for. It's just too heartbreaking and expensive to have them arrive dead.But then again the addiction to Hoya's and the "I have to have it" can be too strong at times as many of us know all too well.And waiting for their arrival can be a real nailbiter too!

• mdahms1979
    13 years ago

I am happy to see that you got some healthy looking cuts again after having such bad luck with the last few orders. Your Hoya rigida looks so healthy and I am sure it will be one of your favorites.

Mike

• mitzicos
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm learning in the worst way which ones should I order and which ones I must avoid!!!! Unfortunatelly some times I insist in thin stemmed but they don't make the long trip. I really need the help of the sellers to inform which one I cannot order, I ordered hoya picta and it was so small that it would never make it. Let's see the others that I'm waiting from Aleya, it is since Jan 31 at customs, and if they don't delivery it this week I think I'm going to loose all. I'm praying to fast deliver...........

• klyde
    13 years ago

What is the name of the hoya that has dark green leaves? Second to last photo, top left corner. Is that rigida? Liking the looks of that one...hope it all turns out well for you.

Kelly in Victoria

• mitzicos
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Kelly,

It is Eriostema monet.

• mitzicos
    Original Author
    13 years ago

After 28 days travelling they arrived almost dead:

It is too hot here, and 28 days is too much, but I'll keep ordering. Just have to be patient and wait a cool weather! Can I wait for a better weather?

• mitzicos
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I need the oppinion of you all.
    Is it possible to save this one:

Should I keep it soaking for 2 days?

• patrick51
    13 years ago

Mitzicos...YES...some of your cuttings look like they should survive. Plant them up right away, water lightly, and place into plastic bags...exhale your breath into each bag and close tightly...you may punch a small hole into each bag for circulation..though this is not mandatory. By all means, there's a good chance that several will survive. Please be sure to remove all rotted leaves..they would ruin things for you. Best wishes...and I hope to see the plants again in a month...thriving!! Fondly, Patrick

• mitzicos
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you Patrick, they still imerse soaking. Here is too hot and the plastic bag did not work as well, I was cooking my cuts! Interesting that after soaking the cuts for less than 4 hours they already looked better.

I'd like to here the oppinion of Mike regarding the rooted cut, if I should keep it soaking or should pot right away.

Thank you once more for your advice.

• mdahms1979
    13 years ago

From my experience the rooted plants will experience root rot when planted if the roots have dried out that much. If any of the stems have turned brown or seem to be wrinkled and hollow in the center they will rot as well because they have lost the ability to transfer liquids up the stem. I had a shipment of cuttings like this and most rotted within a day or two of planting them.
    I would pot the cuttings up after you have cut off any dead or dying parts and then just watch them closely. With mine I had to keep cutting the stem shorter because the bottom would rot under the potting mix. I think the rooted one will be difficult to save but it is worth a try. Some Hoyas seem to be able to root even when they look terrible but others are to delicate and never seem to recover when they are this far gone.

I wish it were easier for you to get your cuttings faster. It will be hard to get so many Hoyas because they just don`t survive in the mail so long.

Mike

• mitzicos
    Original Author
    13 years ago

One cut lost all its leaves but still green inside and when I cut a peace smelted that white liquid, that I don't know the name LOL..... does it have a chance also? I feel so sad when I loose the cuts.

Sponsored