Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hoya inflata

Posted by geosdee Zone 8 FL Panhandle (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 5, 12 at 11:26

Just thought I would post a picture from this summer of H. Inflata. It took awhile to root but sure took off once it got really warm outside.

Dee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hoya inflata

wuauuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!
is beautiful!!!!!Congratulations.
Greetings Elo

o

• Posted by geosdee Zone 8 FL Panhandle (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 5, 12 at 13:38

Tank you Elo

Dee

o

Yes it's the most gorgeous bloom! Scent? Did you measure the flowers?
Thanks for showing this off! ~ Mary

o

Very nice Dee.One day I would love to get my hands on this hoya.

Cindy

o

Another one to add to my must-have list - gorgeous!

o

Ooo-la-la! That's a beauty, Dee! Are the leaves thin or succulent? Hard to tell from the photo...

Denise in Omaha

o

Tue, Nov 6, 12 at 6:54

Thanks all, there was no scent to detect. The leaves are not succulent, however they are on the thick side and rather hard. When they are new leaves they are velvety soft. I thought the blooms to be rather large but didn't measure them. Here is another look.

Dee

o

Dee,

It is just GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Mitzi

o

Dee that is fantastic! I love the second photo.
Do the blooms have a slight greenish colour or are my eyes failing me? The leaves are quite beautiful in their own right.

Congratulations and good growing!

Mike

o

Tue, Nov 6, 12 at 13:52

Tanks Mitzi

Mike they are indeed having a greenish tint. When they are buds, they look like little marshmallows and they kinda feel like it as we'll, I know I squeezed them a little bit :)

Dee

o

Tue, Nov 6, 12 at 13:52

Tanks Mitzi

Mike they are indeed having a greenish tint. When they are buds, they look like little marshmallows and they kinda feel like it as we'll, I know I squeezed them a little bit :)

Dee

o

Very very neat! I love the marshmallow description. And thanks for explaining the leaves so well - I never would have guessed! I always imagined them more like the campanulata/etc. bunch.

I look forward to the day when this plant has spread to everyone's collections. It's really something. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here