Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

I love the colors of this Hoya! Forget the flowers.

meyermike_1micha
11 years ago

There is something I like about this plant even if it is out of flower most of the year. I love the colors it changes to throughout the whole year.

Sometimes a red hue, maroon colors, light green, washed out yellows. Sometimes it get deep colors too and then pastel. I love the ever changing colors on this one!

I wanted to share.

I hope everyone here is well and thank you for helping me be successful with all your great advice.

Mike:-)

{{gwi:112550}}

{{gwi:993982}}

Comments (7)

• emt23
    11 years ago

Lovely Mike!
    Is this an RHP as I see on the label? This is what I refer to as the mottled coffee colored leaves I see on some of mine. Thanks for sharing. The ones I have are on bamboo hoops and this one is sure nice as a hanging plant! Can you imagine the blooms along with the leaf colors? Wow!
    ~ Mary

• karyn1
    11 years ago

I also like the foliage. Mine finally bloomed but the color wasn't as dark as I expected. I don't know if it had to do with the colder temps and it being in the GH or it's just not that dark. I've heard the color of the RHP is variable. It is a bit darker then it looks in the pic but not much.

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey Karyn! I get the feeling that you have the same plants and same taste! Not bad. Look at you with such a beautiful flower.
    I think mines flowered, but I forgot to look for them. This plant I hung under a tree and totally forgot about it until my father handed it to me yesterday wondering why it was still outside with a pending frost.
    Thank goodness he saw this one.

Marty~ Thank you so much for your kind comment. I love this one and yet somehow I managed to forget I had it all summer. I shall have to favor this one next year and watch for flowers for sure!

It is a RHP aquired froma wonderful friend here. It was only about a 5 leaf cutting not last summer, but the one before and it already has flowered and grown that big.
    I do have another that I stick under lights while this one will have a special place in my greenhouse.

Mike:-)

Mike

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

Those are some spectacular photos, Mike. Mine definitely never gets that much color on the orangey end, but I do get those wonderful lacy marbled cabernet and rose leaves. You're right - it's a great plant.

Your thread title is so clever I'm wondering if you would be up for opening it up to other photographs of showy red foliage.

• moonwolf_gw
    11 years ago

Awesome photos, Mike! I have an RHP (her name is Edea) that doesn't have the coloring yours has, but I just love the new, dark purplish-black leaves, mine has grown out this past summer. I cannot wait for mine to bloom. Mine is a hanging plant as well. I'm out of window space otherwise that's where it would hang lol.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• amber_m
    11 years ago

i love it! ive been in love with all the pictures of RHPs that ive seen on her over the months and i cant wait to get one for myself someday!!!

• jojosplants
    11 years ago

Mike!
    It's beautiful! Love the colors!! And it looks like it's in a jungle! lol..

good thing dad found it. ;-)

I can't believe all that growth from a cutting in 2 summers! wonderful!

someday I hope to be able to jump on a plane and get to hang out with you guys among all those beauties! I'm due a vacation!! lol...

JoJo

Sponsored