Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hoya australis 'Oramicola'

Posted by jan1_2007 10 SW Florida (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 28, 09 at 14:55

I said it was rupicola on Mike's post but it's oramicola flowering for the first time. The flowers are much smaller then other australis but the leaves are small too, I did not detect any scent this morning.

oramicola112809

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hoya australis 'Oramicola'

Oh those are nice blooms, just a hint of colour behind the corona. I have always liked white flowers, especially when they have a crystalline or waxy texture.

I still have yet to smell a Hoya australis of any kind in person. My Hoya calycina has come back from the dead but being only a few inches tall with two pairs of new leaves means no flowers for me any time soon. I am in the mood for a knock your socks off powerful Hoya fragrance of my own.

Mike

o

I just came back in from smelling those perfumy flowers!!!

o

Those are pretty Jan, I'm just hoping that my plain Australis will bloom for me. I love the white flowers...well I like them all really,lol...

o

I've never heard of this kind of australis before. It sounds and looks nice though. To me, any flower that smells good is a definite favorite of mine!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Jan,

How do the leaves of oramicola differ from other australis? Are they also smaller? Pretty flowers, and glad to hear they are perfumey-fragrant like ssp. tenuipes. Now, if I could just get my dang ssp. australis to bloom!

Denise im Omaha

o

Gorgeous Jan!!! I select most of my hoyas because of their foliage, but I chose the Hoya Australis ssp. australis 'Brookfield' for the flowers. The new growth does have a pretty bronzy appearance. I'm going to guess they smell perfumy too? Does anyone know? Mine is growing like a weed right now and since it is a year round bloomer, I'm hoping to see some peduncles soon (& I stress "hoping")...

Tish

o

Thanks everyone.
This is H rupicola, very succulant, the thick leaves are 2xlarger then Oramicola. I end up killing mine. ;(
I'll take the photo of oramicola, very compact growing, much smaller leaves then other australis.
http://cgi.ebay.com/TRUE-SUCCULENT-HOYA-AUSTRALIS-RUPICOLA-HAYWARD-CREEK_W0QQitemZ180415001415QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2a01927347&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

o
RE: Hoya australis 'Oramicola'1

The biggest leaf is 2.75"x1" umbel is 1.5" wide.
oramicola
oramicola

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here