Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

Taking A First Step

moonwolf_gw
14 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm sending for my sample of VF-11 from Eleanor tommorrow!

I've been wanting to buy it for sometime now and I finally got the chance! I've heard nothing but good about it and hopefully will do my non-blooming hoyas some good!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (19)

• maidinmontana
    14 years ago

Brad, you'll love it. . . Better start saving up for a gallon cuz you won't want to be without it. . .

Maid~

• luvofroses
    14 years ago

Brad there is nothing like Eleanor's VF-11 I bought the one gallon size at my Ace hardware and now would never be without it.
    Ann in So Ut

• beachplant
    14 years ago

Ok, tell me more, I've never heard of this. The website lists no contents. From reading the website it sounds like another product I'm familiar with whose bottle I can see but I can't remember the name off the top of my head. Miracle something. Or medina. Which is available here.

Tally HO!

• okie_deb
    14 years ago

Eleanor keeps the ingredients hush hush but whatever is in it all plants love it and re-act to it by perking up and looking and growing better.
    You may be thinking of SuperThrive? I personally don't like the stuff.
    No one can go wrong buying VF-11! A friend bought 3 gallons and I bought one of his gallons. So I'm set for awhile now.,,,Debbie

• norma_2006
    14 years ago

That was going to be the next secret I was going to tell you, it sets down roots fast, all plants grow faster and better, follow directions. Vines do especially well, and in two week your Hoya well, use it and see. I would not be without it as well, I was say going to say use it in the water of cuttings if you choose to root in water. (Sansevieria) It is what the rest of the gang says it is. Your going to have to put up with my misspelled words,
    Norma

• wrynsmom
    14 years ago

Ann, could you tell me what city, please? Here in Northern Utah, the Ace Hardwares around will not order it for me!

Carolyn

• cpawl
    14 years ago

Carolyn Do you have Fred Meyers near you. I have to cross the broader in to Bellingham to buy VF-11.Next spring I will be getting the big jug of it.The small bottle with freebie attached right now is 7.99 and the big jug is 21.00. I was there on Monday.This is the scound time I have gotten it and I am sold on the stuff.

Cindy

• maidinmontana
    14 years ago

Hi,
    I live in SE Montana, and the only person that sells it lives on the other side of this big ol state. I pay a lot for shipping, approx. $8.00 a gallon, but I, like the others, won't be without it. . .

I am stingy with mine, I don't let it go down the drain, I catch the draining water and use it up on the rest of my plants. . . I spray it on too, sometimes in between waterings, but ALWAYS when I water as well.

You can send for a free sample ($3.00 shipping) but that's kind of a waste of time, you might as well buy a gallon cuz you're going to love it. . .

Eleanor probably loves this website, it has to be making her rich. . . hope so shes a sweetheart. . .

Maid~

• Denise
    14 years ago

Norma, glad to hear you use it too! I buy it direct from Eleanor, a case (4 gallons) at a time. I bottle it up in 32 oz. (peroxide) bottles and sell some to a few of my fellow C&S club members, but I use it up pretty darned fast. I water it in and I foliar feed, too. I've been using it... well, probably 4 years or so, and I LOVE it. I've never had so many blooms as I have since I found it.

Who knows what's in it, Beachplant! Whatever it is, it works!

Denise in Omaha

• luvofroses
    14 years ago

Carolyn, I am in the Hurricane area (outside St George) and our Ace hardware sells it. Let me know if you want me to pick you some up and maybe we can meet half way or something
    Ann in So UT

• beachplant
    14 years ago

Guess have to mailorder it and give it a try. I think superthrive might be what I was thinking of. That or medina. I'm not too big on fertilizing, stuff grows fast enough without any help from me. As it is you need machete in the backyard right now. I prefer organic so use fish emulsion when I do. I've been thinking of experimenting with seaweed next spring when it all starts washing up on the beach. Just how to get all the sand out?
    Thanks for the info on this. I may order a sample and see, I imagine shipping is going to be a lot!
    Tally HO!

• pirate_girl
    14 years ago

Beachplant,

It's up to you, I personally swore by the sample (which at 8 oz. is quite generous).

Whenever we really got going w/ this (for me maybe 2 yrs. ago), I discovered Ace won't order it to NY State (I forget what the reason for the prohibition was, but there was one).

I ended up getting mine (but backordered) from Charley's Greenhouse (I don't recall where, maybe PNW).

I only water it in but just this week I went out & got a mister so I can do the foliar feeding some of you rave about!

Whoever's thinking about Superthrive, no, this does not compare. With that, some folks like it & some folks don't (personally, I never saw the difference). W/ VF-11 one can literally see the difference the next day. I'll never forget someone here reviewed it in 24 hrs. of their use, I was floored (Leon maybe). I teased him how fast that was, but he said he could really see the difference & he was right. The plants just seem to perk up, like they're standing at attention!

(I have no financial interest in this at all, just another crazed Hoya grower who loves it.) Gee, maybe we should consider asking Eleanor for a GW/Hoya Forum discount since I'm guessing almost ALL of us use it! And, we send the newbies (like Brad, the OP) along too.

• wrynsmom
    14 years ago

Ann, let me know how much they sell it for & I'll see when my friend is heading down there, next (she's got family in St. George) and I'll send money with her. :)

Carolyn

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

PG, dumb question: what does OP mean?

Thank you all for your comments. I will post when I do get my sample. I'm in PA so it'll take a little while longer to wait for it (like spring, but that's another story).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• pirate_girl
    14 years ago

OP = original poster as in the person who started the thread. Comes in handy in along thread if one forgets the name of the person who started it, or if they didn't give a name, etc.

Not a dumb question at all!

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, PG! That's a good tip to remember!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• luvofroses
    14 years ago

Carolyn I emailed you privately
    Ann in So Ut

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Quick question for all of you: how long did it take for you to get your sample of VF-11? It will be one week tommorrow since I sent for it. I hate to sound impatient but I just can't wait until it arrives!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• alba_gardener
    14 years ago

Hi,
    I ordered Eleanor's VF-11 and it arrived within 3 weeks. I spoke with her on the phone and she's very friendly. I've been using VF for a few months now and my hoyas seem to really like it. I spray and water. I was able to find it at an Armstrong nursery in Torrance.
    alba in Hawthorne,Ca

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions