Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aurorawa

Enablers!

aurorawa
9 years ago

All of you! Here is what arrived today from SRQ (kitty was not included in order, don't get your hopes up :D ):

Hoya macgillvrayi 'Pandanus Creek':

Hoya caudata 'Tioman Island':

hoya megalaster:

Hoya bicknellii:

Hoya sp. UT-038:

Hoya sp. NS05-056:

Hoya sp, UT-001:

Hoya sp. AH-0240:

Hoya flagellata:

Hoya siariae 'Yellow Pink':

Now, here they all are, snuggled up:

This post was edited by AuroraWA on Mon, Nov 3, 14 at 21:33

Comments (6)

• Jimmy
    9 years ago

Nice plants...and rare ones too!Are they all rooted plants?I just was on SRQ and ordered three rare ones as well.All rooted ones!I won a bid of Ebay from SRQ of a rooted hoya Lambii a few weeks ago.Arrived in good shape and putting out new growth,even after transplanting it into a net pot!It looks like yours traveled well with the colder temps approaching.I also grow under led.I like the fact that they don't get hot,which makes me worry less when i leave to go to work.i also bought a tabletop greenhouse which looks like a clear dome tent .the hoyas love it in there.i have a pc cooling fan hooked to it.Humidity stays around 70 to 80 %.Hoyas are doing well in there.Hoya flagellata even put out a new leaf and vine!It did nothing all summer in NC humidity!

• aurorawa
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks! Dunno if I would call them rare, but they are nice additions to my collection. Not all of them are rooted, but the two that I didn't want to root myself (caudata and flagellata, don't trust myself to root those ones yet) and the macgillvrayi and megalaster were rooted.

This post was edited by AuroraWA on Tue, Nov 4, 14 at 20:34

• tlbean2004
    9 years ago

how much was and where did your get that grow light set-up?

• teisa
    9 years ago

Wow your plants look really healthy! I have Bicknelii and it grows great. I got mine from Joni and it huge. But no blooms yet. I also love Caudata!! I grow it in a fish tanks under a covered light. Because it loves extra moisture. The Flagellata is close to Caudata leaves. It looks really pretty.

Do you have a Signillatis? its another one of my favorites. It has the molted looking leaves like Caudata. I bet you would like it also.

• aurorawa
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The grow light is two T-8 fluorescent lights hanging in their fixture from my ceiling. I clamped an LED full spectrum light to one side of the T-8 fixture, for those plants that like the extra light. The T-8 fixture, plus lights and anchoring equipment was about $45.00. The LED light was from Amazon, and I don't recall the price offhand. I want to say it cost about $60.00.

• greentoe357
    9 years ago

Good decision to get caudata and flagellata rooted! Mine have been sitting there for months now with no visible growth above ground and no roots visible on the walls of the little cups they are in. There may be small roots in there, but I do not want to tug on it even lightly at the risk of breaking those small roots.

Re light: you can also put the more light-loving ones under the middle of the fluorescent fixture. The middle gets more light than the edges.

Nice kitty!

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH