Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazy_plant_lady

Wanted: Hoya Rope Plant

crazy_plant_lady
13 years ago

PLEASE PLEASE ...I really want a rope plant and haven't been able to find one anywhere...I'm willing to trade let me know what you want and if I have it I would be so happy to trade for a plant.

Thanks,

Rob

Comments (9)

• puglvr1
    13 years ago

Hi Rob, if you don't find anyone to trade with there's one on Ebay right now for $6.95 plus shipping. Link is below. I don't have this one, mainly after I read it was a mealie magnet,lol...Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoya compacta...rope hoya

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    13 years ago

Hey, Rob!
    There exists an Exchange Page for Hoya wants/trades, which I've linked below.
    Honestly, though, I've never used the feature, and linking just now was the first I've visited.
    Anyhow, a message there and a message here will probably net you some future connections.
    Good luck!

Josh

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoya Exchange Forum

• pirate_girl
    13 years ago

Hi CPL,

You haven't said where you are geographically; here in the Northeast it's getting a bit too cold to swap plants by mail (unless one uses a heat pack as some nurseries do).

This was an early favorite Hoya of mine, but yes, it's really difficult when it gets mealy bugs, cause of all the nooks & crannies. I too have given it up, mostly for that reason.

This plant can often be found in big box stores, but usually in the early Spring, say early March on.

Hey Josh,

Thanks for referring to the Exchange Page!!

• jojosplants
    13 years ago

Pug!
    Your a great enabler! LOL!
    Great link and I found a plant I've been having trouble finding. ;)

Yes, it is getting chilly to shipping plants in certian areas.

Alot of sellers on ebay add a clause, buy @ your own risk this time of year.

JoJo

• teisa
    13 years ago

Hi CPL I have plenty of hoya rope. Tons of it. Which Hoyas do you have that you could offer in trade? Im in zone 5 and we could do heatpacks????

TTYL,
    Teisa

• teisa
    13 years ago

Hello, CCL I tried to email you but you do not have an email set up here. Are you still looking for a Hoya Rope?
    I've got plenty to trade.

• penfold2
    13 years ago

You guys may want to be careful with this user. He/she registered just a few days ago and has made trade requests on several forums. There is also this thread which doesn't sound good.

Here is a link that might be useful: Possible scammer?

• pirate_girl
    13 years ago

Yes, Penfold & thanks.

This person is appearing similarly on several other Forums (fora?) & we have other members suggested all is not right w/ their posting or swapping.

Also, their mailing address is MN, if it's getting too cold to mail swaps for NYC, I'd expect the same could be said for MN (Minnesota), wouldn't you think?

Be careful folks -- this person can buy this Hoya at box stores, so pls. save your swaps for Spring & folks you aren't warned to beware of.

• teisa
    13 years ago

Thanks for the warning. Apparently this person has been scamming people in other forums. It is a shame that there is people that take advanatage of other peoples hospitality. Im just thankful for the heads up because I was about to get screwed over.

-Tess

Sponsored
More Discussions