Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my hoya kerrii is putting out leaves

Posted by stevenwayne 6 sw (jay.bick.bick@gmail.com) on
Thu, Nov 19, 09 at 22:30

it have 5 that i have counted i got it about 2 months ago from a woman for 2 bucks its quite large the stem is about 3 feet and has 5 pendicles i wondering if it is normal for it to be pushing out leafes in the middle of winder i mean i keep it warm in my house about 75 during that day and about 70 at night

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my hoya kerrii is putting out leaves

Yes Steven...if the plant is being kept warm and has sufficient light it'll continue growing...but, the most pronounced growth is in the summer, in the case of most hoyas. Many of my hoyas are still sending out vines and leaves...lots of leaves!! BTW, did you get your H. multiflora from Joni yet? If so, what are your impressions? Ya gotta keep us updated kiddo!!! Best wishes, Patrick

o

no i haven't gotten it yet. i just talked to her she is sending it out saturday so ill probabaly get it monday or tuesday. whenever it gets here ill take some pics

o

Much to my surprise my kerrii is getting new leaves too. In the past motnth thre has been a total of 8. They are coming in two by two. It looks like there's going to be a vine in between the most recent ones. . .

They sure take a long time to mature. Must be cuz the are so thick and big.

I'm just happy to see it's happy :)

Maid~

o

My experience w/ green H kerrii is that it's quite happy to grow all year long (I grow indoors only). Mine loves to grow long bare vines in Spring & then fill in afterwards.

Reverse Kerrii is another story altogether -- in 2.5 yrs. I've had the cutting, it has grown TWO leaves, both deformed in shape.

My variegated Kerri grows Hydro & seems to have slowed down for Winter (I only got it in Oct. 08, so am still new to its winter habits).

All green H Kerrii is one of the most vigorous Hoyas I've had to date. Don't be surprised if it keeps growing all winter.

o

ill be quite happy as long as she is. i think its pushing out another pendicle with the new leaves with is eciting i have a ton of hoyas. yet i haven't had a flower yet . they are still young most of them i got as cuttings they are growing like wild grom it seems a foot at a time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here