Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
squidy_gw

my hoya DS-70/tsangii has weird stuff on back of the leaves?

squidy
12 years ago

Sorry the photo isn't very good. I cut off those leaves, so I can't take another one.

Anyway, I've had this little plant for a few months, and I didn't think the stuff on the back was growing, but then I looked at a picture I took when I first received it, and yes, it has grown. Just very slowly. Like I said, I cut off those 2 leaves, even though the top of them was still green and not discolored or shriveled or anything. There are a couple spots of the stuff on the backs of the other leaves, but they are very small. What should I do? Is it fungus? Should I get some fungicide? Will any kind work?

Comments (3)

• patrick51
    12 years ago

Squidy...sorry that no one has responded yet...you know how the holidays can be!! To me, it looks like a fungal problem...but, there are so many, many variables. If it was my plant...and it is NOT H. tsangii...I would buy a fungicide from one of the big "box stores" and spray the plant thoroughly...top and bottom of each leaf..and the vines, and keep out of bright sunlight for a day or two. It's perfect that you removed the "bad" leaves..the fungicide would have never "cured" these leaves...if, indeed, it's a fungal attack. Please be sure that you're not over-watering this plant...fungus tends to occur when the plants are kept too moist or in very high humidity. Best wishes, Patrick

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

I agree that this looks like a fungal infection but it may be a secondary infection. There is a possibility that an pest such as spider mite may have damaged the leaf surface which allowed the infection develop. I would take a very close look for signs of pest problem.

Mike

• squidy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you both! I am careful with watering and always research every plant to know how much to water it, so I haven't been keeping this hoya too wet, it definitely has some dry time. And I have been keeping a close eye on it. No pest activity that I can see. It's a very small plant, so it will be very easy to spray thoroughly with fungicide. I will do that!

Sponsored