Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hoya subcalva flower???

Posted by jan1_2007 10 SW Florida (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 15, 09 at 8:05

Just kidding. This E pumillum looks like it belonged to subcalva so I wanted to share.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hoya subcalva flower???

That epi bloom does look like it's growing from the hoya.

o

Congratulations on the Epi bloom Jan. I have miserable luck with Epiphyllum, just can't seem to grow or bloom them well.

Mike

o

Wow, that's purty! I don't think I've ever seen one that was pure white - don't they usually have a little yellow in the center?

Denise in Omaha

o

Thanks everyone.
Mike, the key is to let it almost completely dry before watering. I've lost many many epies before.
Denise, E pumillum is a species, it is smaller then most epies and it's so fragrant but the flower only last one day. I've seen some photos with whole plant covered in bloom.

o

Sure is pretty Jan! Its so sad the blooms only last a day :o( Well at least you get to enjoy the fragrance and its beauty even though its so short lived.

o

Hi
Very nice photo and flower
I also like epiphyllum and grow a yellow one that blooms in the middle of summer. The fragrance is very strong at about 2:00 in the morning but during the day it has no smell.Funny thing is it was this last summer that I realized it even had any fragrance.I was outside trying to cool off from the heat and I thought I must have a hoya blooming. When I went looking with a flashlight I found it was my epi that the fragrance was coming from.

Cindy

o

That's beautiful Jan!
I have a epi thats small with a big scent too....and it bloomed again earlier this month.I have been trying to ID it since it's first bloom. Looking at both the foliage and bloom is it the same as yours by chance?

Here's a picture of mine.Thanks for your time too!

Photobucket

o

Thanks everyone for your compliments.

Pug, lot of the species blooms only last one night.
Cindy, wonderful having fragrant epies. Not all epies have fragrance.
Ladygreensleeves, certainly looks like mine. E pumillum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here