Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marricgardens

unknown hoya

marricgardens
12 years ago

I had a lovely hoya 30 years ago. Unfortunately when we moved, it didn't survive the trip. It lasted a few years after that and then it died. I do not know the name of the variety but it looked like the one on the Hoya forum page. Does anyone know what variety it is? I'm in Canada so I would also appreciate it if anyone here knows of a good source here where I could get hoyas. TIA. Marg

Comments (5)

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

Your plant would have been Hoya carnosa. You can find small plants all the way up to fairly large hanging baskets at most greenhouses, Walmart often carries these as well. You will often see the variegated version of Hoya carnosa and not the plain green one but finding cuttings should not be difficult.

Where are you in Ontario?

Mike

• marricgardens
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the info. Now I know what plant to look for. I'm just south of Stayner. Marg

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

Well that's a bit too far to drive for a Hoya cutting. LOL
    There is a woman just outside of Collingwood who grows Hoyas but I am not familiar with the local nurseries. If you have trouble finding a plant let us know by contacting either myself of by posting on Hoyas.ca, we have informal meetings during the summer where we often swap cuttings.

Mike

• marricgardens
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Mike. I'm going to check out Hoyas.ca right now! Marg

• Laura_Carnosa
    12 years ago

I'm sure someone would mail you a cut in the spring.
    I'm in Manitoba...

Sponsored
Jennifer Gilmer Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Team | 11x Best of Houzz