Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
unknown hoya

Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 12, 11 at 9:41

I had a lovely hoya 30 years ago. Unfortunately when we moved, it didn't survive the trip. It lasted a few years after that and then it died. I do not know the name of the variety but it looked like the one on the Hoya forum page. Does anyone know what variety it is? I'm in Canada so I would also appreciate it if anyone here knows of a good source here where I could get hoyas. TIA. Marg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: unknown hoya

Your plant would have been Hoya carnosa. You can find small plants all the way up to fairly large hanging baskets at most greenhouses, Walmart often carries these as well. You will often see the variegated version of Hoya carnosa and not the plain green one but finding cuttings should not be difficult.

Where are you in Ontario?

Mike

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 12, 11 at 11:57

Thanks for the info. Now I know what plant to look for. I'm just south of Stayner. Marg

o

Well that's a bit too far to drive for a Hoya cutting. LOL
There is a woman just outside of Collingwood who grows Hoyas but I am not familiar with the local nurseries. If you have trouble finding a plant let us know by contacting either myself of by posting on Hoyas.ca, we have informal meetings during the summer where we often swap cuttings.

Mike

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 12, 11 at 12:54

Thanks Mike. I'm going to check out Hoyas.ca right now! Marg

o

I'm sure someone would mail you a cut in the spring.
I'm in Manitoba...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here