Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice on planting this Hoya

Posted by DearAmbellina 4 MN (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 14, 13 at 11:08

I just received this Hoya "Pubicalyx Chimera" and I'm wondering what the best soil to plant it in is? I've never had one before so I want to make sure I treat it right!

It also looks a little rough I think so I hope it's okay?

Any other tips or advice? Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice on planting this Hoya

It looks like the leaves might be a little dehydrated? I would plant it in some regular potting mix with some perlite added - about 2 parts soil, 1 part perlite, maybe in a 4" pot. I would put it in a humidity dome or an aquarium setup. Or, if you don't want to go to all that trouble, you can just take a large bag, set the potted cuttings in the bottom of the bag, blow some air into it (to keep the sides of the bag away from the leaves) and seal it up. (I usually mist the cutting just before I seal it, too, so there's lots of humidity in there...) Set it in a warm spot where it will get no direct sun. About once a week, open it to let some fresh air in, then blow it up again and seal it. Most cuttings will come back from being dehydrated if you can keep them humid enough.

Denise in Omaha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here